chapter thirty seven

Alora Slater POV

   His lips were cold when they touched mine, it was shocking. I froze for a moment before saying "fuck it" and pulling him in closer. I ran one of my hands through his white hair and slowly, one of his hands travelled up my front and stopped at my throat. He wrapped his large, cold hand around my throat and squeezed gently.

   In an instant I was being swept off the ground and pinned against the wall, my legs wrapped around his waist. His hand found the hem of my shirt and lifted it enough so it could slip under. His fingers ran up my back as our kiss deepened. Our lips danced in perfect harmony as though we had been waiting all our lives for this. The kiss was filled with passion and anger, yet hunger and desperation.

   He placed a hand on each of my thighs and groped them as he carried me up the stairs towards the bedrooms. Blindly, he opened the door to his room and threw me on the bed. Slowly, he climbed on top of me and resumed where we left off. His hands explored every curve and mine travelled down to his trousers. I could feel my shirt being lifted over my head as I unbuckled his belt with ease.

   His lips traced my collarbone leaving marks that would show up boldly against my pale skin tomorrow. A small moan escaped my lips as he made his way down my torso and towards my thighs. My hand shot up to grab on to his headboard while my other played with his hair. He was good, better than I ever would have thought.

   Draco flipped us so I was now on top of him. I pulled his buttoned shirt open and traced his abs with my tongue, planting little kisses every so often. His belt was already open so I pulled it off of him and placed it on the bed next to us. I shimmied his trousers off and threw them on the floor on top of the rest of our clothes. I pulled his boxers down to his knees because it was his turn to feel good.

"Fuck, Slater," he moaned while gripping the sheets so tightly his knuckles were turning white, whiter than usual.

   *CRACK*

   Draco and I jumped off the bed frantically and exchanged a panicked look before lunging for the pile of clothes in the floor. He threw my shirt at me and I tossed him his trousers. When we were both dressed we fixed each other's hair, his mirror wasn't in the room for some reason, and then we ran downstairs.

   I stood back for a few seconds to make it seem like I was coming from the guest room which was further down the corridor. When Draco reached the last step I came down. Neither of us were looking forward to what was about to happen. The Death Eaters saw us and pulled us both into their big group, luckily we were not squished together.

Nobody spoke to Draco about what happened, which was a plus. Everyone just wanted to celebrate even though I felt like we should be mourning. This was a good thing for the group, but it was an awful thing for Draco and I. Dumbledore helped us become the witch and wizard that we are, he believed in us. For the most part anyway, he tended to sabotage Slytherin in favour of Potter.

I guess the sabotage did help us though, taught us not to get our expectations up. It taught us that we had to fight to be seen and couldn't just have things handed to us like the Gryffindors. There's a reason we're all seen as evil people, and it's because every so often we have to play dirty to be recognized. Dumbledore taught us that, unintentionally of course, but he still did.

People were cheering and laughing, I tried to. I didn't want to be apart of this but I didn't have any choice. I looked around the group trying to find my mother, but she wasn't here. I hadn't seen her in forever, she never wrote either. Last time I checked, I didn't do anything wrong. I was following her path and trying to be a better daughter, and she completely shut me out.

Adrian hadn't spoken to me either. He never gave me his opinion on what had happened to me or what I had been doing. Adrian was my best friend and now I had lost him. I had nobody. My dad left, my mom cut me off, my brother went silent and I had ruined my only real friendships because I was too scared. No matter though, this was supposed to be a happy time.

Celebrating seems disgusting, it is disgusting. Everyone had moved to the main hall, it was a massive room with tables, chairs, and an open bar. We had barely been in the room for two minutes but everyone was already filling crystal glasses with fire whiskey. This night was going to be dreadful.

   Draco glanced at me from across the room and smirked before frowning. Both of us knew tonight was going to be bad, but at least there was some good before it began.