chapter sixty four

Alora Slater POV

   My mother's familiar hazel eyes stared wickedly into mine, a vile smile flashed across her face when she saw me. I had a feeling she was looking for me around here, she must have ran into him while he came to look for me. I dropped my gaze down to her hands, one was gripping his arm so tightly I was sure his circulation was cut off, and the other was gripping her wand which was stabbing into his throat.

   "There she is," my mother cackled.

   This woman standing before me was not my mother. She was some horrifying creature who just happened to be residing in my mother's body. As much as her and I never got along, I never thought she would turn into this. Her hair was wild and even her stance was unsettling. She almost resembled Bellatrix, another chill went down my spine.

   "Alora, you need to run, now," Draco begged.

   "Let go of him," I said firmly.

   "No, I think I'm going to have you watch me kill your little boy toy. The one who corrupted you!" She screamed.

   "None of us have to die right now."

   "How could you abandon your family for these blond bimbos?"

   "Mother-"

   "How dare you leave Adrian and I alone?"

   "You left me! You disappeared for a year, and you're saying this is my fault? Give him to me, now. I'm not playing your games."

"You stopped coming home. You started spending all of your time with Bellatrix Lestrange! Why would you take her to be your mentor, and not me?"

"I didn't have a choice! You were there when the Dark Lord assigned me to be with her! Or were you too drunk to notice?"

"I am your mother!"

"Not anymore. You lost that privilege when you stuck your wand into my boyfriends neck. Now let him go."

"Should I kill him quickly, just to see the look on your face when you can't save him? Or should I kill him slowly and painfully and have you bound?"

"Utter a spell and I'll kill you."

"You'll kill me? The woman who raised you, who cared for you? All for a boy?"

"You hardly raised or cared for me, that was all Adrian and myself. Where is he?"

"Who? Your stupid brother?"

"Watch it," I growled.

"He's not in the country. Away on some work business in Ireland."

"Good, he's plenty of far away from you then."

"At least he knows how to respect his mother."

"Back off, and maybe I'll have a shred of respect for your newfound self control."

   She snarled at me then jabbed her wand harder into Draco's neck. I flinched when she pulled him roughly towards her, he didn't look afraid though. My knees shook under me, if she hurt him I would kill her. I would actually kill her. I never thought about what would happen in a situation like this, would I be able to kill her? I think so.

   "Put your wand down, Charlotte," Draco said.

   "Shut your mouth, Malfoy."

   "Don't speak to him. This is between you and I, mother. What do you want?"

   "To kill this weasel. He's seriously misguided you, Alora. What are you doing? Fighting for the wrong side, I taught you better!"

   "No, I made this decision for us, if you're going to kill someone it better be me."

   "Alora, what are you-"

   "Shut up, Draco!"  I interrupted.

   "You two aren't even good for each other, darling. Can't even have a conversation without fighting."

   "You're one to talk, have you forgotten about my father?"

   "Stop trying to change the subject."

   "You ruined my life. You and dad fought for the first ten years of my life, then you were drunk for the next six. And if that wasn't enough, you made me get this!" I screamed, yanking up my sleeve. "THEN, you left me alone through it all! The only reason I'm still alive is because of Draco!"

   "Are you trying to get both of you killed? Because it sure looks that way."

   My entire body was shaking. She could kill him at any second if I didn't do something. I don't know why she wouldn't just let him go if I agreed to do whatever she wanted. All I wanted was for him to be alright, to be out of her hands. She was unstable and I couldn't bear to watch her dig her evil fingernails into his arm any longer.

   "Put your wand down, Alora. I'm doing everyone a favour."

   "Killing Draco is doing nobody any favours."

   "His parents don't want him. The Dark Lord wants him dead. He's corrupting you. Open you eyes, honey, we can go back and be great together."

   "How many times do I have to say this for it to get through your thick ass head? I want nothing to do with you or the Dark Lord. Now let Draco go and I'll let you live."

   "You'll let me live? How cute."

   "Mother..."

   She snickered before twisting her wand harder into his neck. I was sick to my stomach, she was going to make me kill her. Something went so wrong in her head that she wasn't going to do the smart thing. She was going to try and kill Draco, and if any of us were dying, it certainly was not going to be him.

   "Avad-"

   "Avada Kedavra!" I screamed quickly.

   The thing about the Killing Curse was that you truly had to mean it in order for it to work to the full extent. The jet of green light shot out of the tip of my wand and hit my mother directly in the chest. The panic in her eyes instantly faded and they became empty as she fell backwards. Draco pried his arm from her now dead hands and lunged towards me, engulfing me in his arms.

   I just killed my mother.