A New Life

Sequel to Surprise Guardian earlier in book....

When I brought Harry back to Hogwarts he shot me a shy smile.

"Ok, now the rules. You are not allowed into any common rooms, you must have all meals in the Great Hall or with me. And you are free to roam the castle and grounds but not the Forbidden Forest. You will be in a room next to mine. I must insist by 10pm you be in this room for the night. You are allowed in the library but no Restricted Section until you are 15. Now, here are the times I am free. Any other time, I hope you can occupy yourself." I explained.

"Ok Minnie."

I smiled. "Now, I'll show you your room."

*

I peeked into Harrys room at 10pm and without fail, hes there. "Came in to say good night Harry."

"Goodnight Minnie."

I was sound asleep when I heard it, cries from.the room next to me. I knew that Harrys not in danger, so I came into his room to find him thrashing about.

I put a hand on his arm and he recoiled. Sighing, I entered his mind to see what Harrys experiencing.

I saw Number Four Privet Drive. And Vernon yelling at Harry. "Harry, its not real. Everything is ok."

Harry turned in my direction and to my surprise he ran right to me. "Whats happening?"

"Its only a dream. I can lead you out." I offered him my hand. We returned to our bodies and Harry turned a deep red.

"Sorry Minnie."

"Shush, its not your fault. I will be right back." I reassured him. I came into my closet and pulled out a basket with many different vials. "Here you are!" I smiled then returned to Harrys room.

"What is that?" Harry asked looking wary.

"Dreamless Sleep Potion. Just take it for now." I set it on the bedside table.

"Thanks."

"We will talk more in the morning, I promise." I replied before leaving.

*

At breakfast, I watched Harry closely. He seemed tired.

"What is Potters spawn still doing here?" Snape demanded.

"Dumbledore had arranged for him to stay here for a week before returning to the Muggles." I replied.

"Why on earth would he do that?" Snape snarled.

"Its not our business to know. Surely you can suspend the loathing for one week?" I raised an eyebrow.

Severus growled then grudgingly nodded.

On the last day we were to stay at Hogwarts, I went to find young Harry. I smiled when he was in the library.

"Hello Minnie."

"Harry, pack your bags, we're going home soon." I replied.

Harry glanced around before speaking. "Minnie, where is home?"

"Its called Lions Den. Now, we wont be returning here till a week before term begins. Do you wish to take any books from here?" I looked at the boy curiously.