Veil of Death

Where Sirius gets badly injured

Harry, we ned to get out of here." I stated at once.

"Minnie, Im so sorry I dragged us into this." My boy replied.

"Shush, focus on the task at hand. Death Eaters are coming, are you ready?" I whipled out my wand.

"You bet I am." Harry growled.

"McGonagall!" A rough voice growled.

I turned to see a man behind a mask. He had his wand in a walking stick. "Hello Mr. Malfoy."

The man snarled in reply but allowed his mask to melt away with a wave of his wand. "What are you doing here?"

"Headmaster Dumbledore ordered me to protect Potter should he be unable to." I answered smoothly.

Lucius snapped his fingers and a group of six Death Eaters slowly closed in on us.

Harry and I came together and stood back to back. So we could attack on all angles and neither of us would be vulnerable. I squeezed his hand in a comforting gesture.

Harry grunted and together we sent a bunch of stunners in our field of vision. We were only able to take out half the group surrounding us. When we got to the end, we shot spells going back the way we came.

Two more Death Eaters fell on both sides. Now its down to Lucius and madwoman, Bellatrix.

"Itty, bitty baby, Potter." She sneered.

I could feel Harry tense against my back. I patted his back lightly. Harry shook his head and focused again.

"Keep together, and don't split up." I mumbled as Lucius and Bella began to shoot spells and curses at us.

Harry and I deflected all spells casted at us, but we couldn't fire back. "They are good."

I growled aiming my wand for a shelf behind Lucius. Time to use my favorite subject. Within seconds, Lucius fell like a puppet.

I took his wand and pocketed it. I then separated my back from Harrys and stood next to him.

Then together we battled against Bellatrix. "Potter, look out!" I warned shooting a spell in the path of Bellatrixs curse.

"Thanks Professor! Where are the Aurors?! We need help!" Harry growled.

Thanks to Harrys disarming spell, he was able to relieve the mad woman of her wand. While I bound her in ropes.

"Master! Im sorry!" Bellatrix cried.

"Dont bother yelling, he can't hear you!" Harry shouted.

"Oh cant I, Potter?" A dark shadow appeared.  I gasped seeing who it is.

"Potter, look out!" I exclaimed as Voldemort raised his wand.

Suddenly a statue jumped in the way of the curse and exploded. "Who-"

"Albus!" I gasped.

Harry and Voldemort both turned to the newcomer.

During this slight distraction, I aimed a silent curse at Voldemort. Which hit its mark.

Suddenly I saw more people apperating in. Sirius, Remus, Tonks and Kingsley.

"Minerva, get the students out of here!" Remus demanded.

"Will do." I began rounding up all the students into a circle and kept them protected by the strongest shield charm I could make. I summoned a broken doorknob and made it into a portkey. "Catch Potter, and everyone hold on!"

Harry caught hold as his friends gripped one another. Within seconds they were gone. Now its me with the Order, Dumbledore and Voldemort.

"Merlin." I mumbled under my breath. I watched as Sirius engaged Bellatrix in a duel.

I shot red sparks I the middle of their fight and tried to get them to stop. "Sirius, Harry is safe, get away from her!"

Sirius turned to look at me and that's when Bellatrix struck him down. Sirius yelped in pain.

As a result, I stunned the madwoman before walking over to the man. "Are you ok?"

"Got hit by a strong cutting curse." Sirius winced.

I sighed looking up at the only remaining battle. Albus vs. Voldemort. Around the room, the Order was getting ready to apperate away after securing the Death Eaters, including Pettigrew.

Waving my wand, I wrapped a piece of cloth around Sirius' leg to stop the blood loss.

"This is the best that I can do for now." I summoned my patronus to alert the Minister who came immediately to witness Voldemort and Albus' battle.

The Minister gasped, "V-Voldemort here! Secure the Death Eaters, and...Pettigrew alive?!"

"We've been trying to tell you that Sirius Black has been innocent. I believe an office pardon is in order. After he has received medical attention." I stated.

"Yes, of course. This is embarrassing. Guards lock up the Death Eaters! I want a new page on the Prophet tomorrow, Death Eaters captured, and Black proven innocent!" The Minister stated.

"Yes, Sir!"

At long last Voldemort saw all the people in the room and he too vanished.

*

"Mum....is Sirius?" Harrys voice cracked

"Hes alive, Harry. And he's a free man. He has to spend some time in St. Mungos." I replied.

Harry nodded numbly. "Its all my fault."

"Stop that, it wasn't! Albus is to blame here. I've been wanting to tell you that you could be lured to the Department of Mysteries for months, but Albus had insisted I don't. Given your track record, I understood his reasoning." I sent Harry a crooked smile.

"Can I visit Sirius?"

"The healers tell me that he's sedated, and will be for a few days. They had a lot to repair. But I'm positive he'll make a full recovery."

*

"Potter!"

"Professor?"

"Come with me." I lead Harry to my office a few days later. "Sirius is awake and he'd like some company. Go on." I grinned.

Harry smiled and stepped through. I knew that as long as we have each other, we'll be ok.