The Incidents

I was busy doing patrol when Hagrid came bounding into the castle with a girl flailing and screaming.

"Merlin, Hagrid who is that?" I asked loudly.

"Kattie Bell, shes bin cursed. Harry an' his friend are righ' behind!" Hagrid yelled before disappearing into the hospital wing.

I took a breath to steady myself. My son once again. I shook my head to see the trio run in.

"I just heard you witnessed the attack on Katie Bell. Whats that, Potter?" I glanced down to see something gleaming but mostly covred by brown wrapping.

"What she touched." My son replied.

"Good Lord, keep it wrapped up. Take it to Professor Snape, then meet me in my classroom." I demanded.

Harry semt me an annoyed espression.

"Potter, get going." I repeated.

When he was gone, I turned to Ron, Hermione and Leanne. I quickly got the story from her. The poor girl was shaking in sobs. It was not long after, that I sent Leanne to see Poppy and my son returned with Severus in tow.

"Why is it whenever something happens, it is always you three?" I asked feeling exhasperated.

"Believe me, Professor, Ive been asking myself that question for years." Ron mumbled.

"What do you think Severus?" I asked nervously.

Severus had levitated the necklace up to our eye level.

"I think...Miss Bell is lucky to be alive. It appears that she barely grazed the necklace. If she wasnt wearing gloves, she would have died instantly." Snape drawled.

"Who would do such a thing?" I wondered out loud.

"I believe Draco Malfoy gave Katie that necklace." Harrys voice cut through.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter. Do you have any proof?" I survayed my son.

Harry told about his adventures in Knockturn Alley where he overheard Malfoys conversation at Borigins. And what happened on the Express.

I wanted to groan loudly and chastise him. I had allowed the boy to spend the last half of summer with the Weasleys and hes telling me all this now? With Severus and his two friends in the room?

I felt as if I didnt talk to my son at all when he arrived. I took a deep breath. "However it may seem, I highly doubt that a student could do this."

"I'll prove Im right." Harry replied stubbornly.

"You may go." All three turned to leave, but Harry made eye contact with me.

I held up 3 fingers and mouthed "later."

Harry shot me a smile before leaving with his friends.

Severus waved his wand setting up privacy wards before speaking. "Impressive and perceptive boy you've raised Minerva."

I looked up at him in surprise, "is that a compliment?"

Severus rolled his eyes,"Dont get used to it. Draco needs my help or else Potter could ruin his life."

I glared at the man. "No, Draco made his decision to get that ugly art on his arm. He joined for the wrong reasons. If Draco is caught, the only one to blame is Draco for this. You know my son will stop at nothing, right?"

Severus groaned, "why does he have to be a thorn in my side?"

"You may go." I stated coolly.