The Ball

AU: if Cho said yes

Harry released a long sigh while working on his essay.

"What is it Harry?" I asked

"You said I needed a partner for the ball."

"Thats right." I nodded.

"How old were you when you went on your first date?" Harry asked shyly.

"Hmm...about 18." I laughed at seeing my boys jaw drop dramaticly.

"Harry, I was the daughter of the towns minister. My father didnt see the point of his daughter dating." I stated.

"Oh. Im just scared that the girl I ask will laugh at me." Harry groaned.

"Who is it?"

"Mum!" Harrys face turned red.

"Im asking as a parent, not as a teacher." I rolled my eyes.

"...."

"Huh?"

"Cho Chang."

I smiled, "there is nothing wrong with that. You better go ask her soon. Knowing boys- other boys, they will ask the nicest looking girls first."

Harry made a face

"You can finish your essay later."

"Thanks Mum!" Harry smiled and ran out of my office.

Naturally, I followed. I hoped my son wouldnt put his foot in his mouth.

*

Harry's POV

Cho?" Harry found the Ravenclaw in the owlery.

"Hi Harry."

"Will you go to the ball with me?" Harry asked slowly.

"Oh, what an honor. Yes, I'll go with you." Cho smiled.

"Brilliant." Harry replied.

*

I smiled when Harry returned 10 minutes later. "That went great!"

"She said yes then?"

Harry blushed, "Yes, Mum. Thanks for the push."

"No problem, now your essay..." I gestured to the desk.

"Yes Mum. Which robes should I wear to the ball?" Harry set his quill down.

I smiled, "you should get some new robes. It's a Hogsmead trip this weekend, I'd suggest looking there. If not, I can always take you to Diagon."

"Thanks Mum!"

*

"Have fun." I whispered before Harry took off to Hogsmead with Ron and Hermione in tow.

The trio of friends were off to get robes for the ball. Despite me buying Harry a couple dress robes this past summer, my son had slready grew out of them.

While Harry and his friends were off to Hogsmead, I was busy going over next weeks lesson plans for the 7th years.

I was confused when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."