Sirius Matters

I left the stands in the court room when Sirius was claimed innocent. The man bullied his way through the press and insisted on finding Harry. I had to stop him! As far as the Ministry knows, despite Jessica Holding head of Department of Family Affairs, Harry lives with Petunia and Vernon Dursley.

I fought tooth and nail to get through the crowd that began to flock Sirius. The man could wind up in jail again if he goes to Privet Drive.

I put my wand to my throat to amplify my voice, "Mr. Sirius Black!" I yelled over the loud voices.

At once I saw the man shrink slightly as if Id assign him a lifetime of detention. He stopped in his tracks and  grateful that a path cleared for me as I walked up to him.

"I need to speak with you, immediately." I stated firmly

"Can't it wait? I need to ask about Harry," Sirius growled.

I whispered in a very low voice, "Its about Harry. But I need you to come with me."

Sirius straightened and grasped my hand. Together we left the Ministry.

*

"So, tell me about Harry, how do you know where he is?" Sirius looked worried.

"Rest assured Sirius, Mr. Potter is safe and faring well. He no longer lives with his Muggle relatives." I smiled slightly.

Sirius' face paled, "they didnt!"

"They did, Sirius." I replied.

"Damn it! I'll show them!!" Sirius turned on his heel, but I sent a body bind at him.

"Listen to me, Sirius. Please!" I begged.

The man's grey eyes narrowed and he blinked.

"Remember Harry is safe. He's happy, and a bit nervous to meet you." I stated.

"Does he believe...." .

"Hes unsure what to believe. But he does know you are his godfather." I replied in a crisp voice.

"Thats a relief."

"But there is one problem." I stated.

"What?"

"Harry might not want to live with you. You didnt know this but the Potters had a third name in their will as a possible guardian for their son." I stated

"No- no I can't believe it!" Sirius gasped.

"They were right to do it. Alice is insane while you were wrongfully imprisoned. Guardianship fell to that third person."

"Who is that person?"

"I will tell you that later. But first, I'll  introduce you to Harry." I smiled slightly.

*

1 hour earlier.....

"Mum, I cant believe Sirius Black has been granted a trial! You told me that man betrayed my parents!" Harry exclaimed over breakfast.

"Im unsure what to think either Harry. Its not up to me, its up to the Wizgamont to see to his innocence. But if he is cleared, he might want guardianship of you."