Court

Third installment to Secret Guardian

"Harry, if you want, I can make sure they dont get away with this." I said in a gentle voice as I dried his tears.

"I- dont know. I'd have to speak out against them and....I dont think I have the courage to do that." Harry turned deep red.

"I wont force you Harry. But I think it'll be a way to put your past where it belongs. You must be tired of those nightmares." I replied.

Harry sighed, "I am. Ok I want to do it. As long as your with me through it all and the magical world wont know."

"That can be easily arranged." I smiled. "Now I trust that you'll be good for Anna? I have an errand to run."

"Yes Minnie." Harry replied.

I winked at him then turned on the spot.

"Professor McGonagall! What a surprise, who are you here to see?" The receptionist asked.

"Amelia Bones and Patrica Jordan." I replied.

Frowning, the receptionist notified their fireplaces. After getting an affirmative from both witches, Im allowed in.

"Thank you."

"Minerva, is everything ok?" Amelia strode over to hug me.

"Yes, why wouldnt it be?" I asked.

"You usually find a private way to contact me about our....arangment." Amelia blushed

"Oh it has nothing to do with us. Im sorry to have worried you. I want to bring to light a students abusive household and let you in on a secret of mine." I smiled mysteriously.

"Usually you leave the secrets for the bedroom, but ok." Amelia smiled.

"Harry Potter has been abused for the first ten years of his life. I need your help to bring his realtives to justice." I shifted my weight.

"No!" Amelia gasped.

I nodded looking grim.

"How did you find out?"

"Harry told me. And now I need you to take the Unbreakable Vow." I replied.

"I trust you, Minerva." Amelia replied and grasped my hand.

After the terms were set did I dare to tell her. "Im Harrys legal guardian. The Potters had 3 people on the list. Hes at my home now."

"I need memories from the lad. We cant involve the magical world , but I will make sure this does not get out." Amelia cleared her throat.

"Would you mind coming home with me?" I asked.

"I can around 7." Amelia replied

"Good you can join us for dinner. I need to tell Harry about this so he wont freak out." I smiled.

"Looking forward to it. Ill see you later, Minerva." Amelia smiled.

I returned home to find Harry at his desk writing something. "Harry?"

"Hi Minnie."

"Harry I talked to someone at the Ministry and she will be joining us for dinner tonight." I replied.

"Oh."

"Harry, we are all on your side here." I reassured him at once.

"Ok Minnie." 

*

"Amelia, thanks for coming." I said when she arrived.

"No problem. I owe this to Lily. She was a great friend." Amelia repliedcas I lead her to the dinning room.

Harry set down his fork when he caught sight of Amelia.

"Harry this is Amelia Bones, the witch who will be helping you." I explained.
As much as I tried, Harry refused to eat another bite.

After a lot of relenting, I allowed for us to get to business.

"Harry, we are all on your side here. Go on and tell Amelia about your time." I stated.

"Minerva, why dont we go into the den? We can relax there." Amelia suggeted

"Good idea." After we sat down, "now take your time."

Harry began refusing to look at me or Amelia. Once he was done, Amelia collected a few of his memories to view. "I hope this helps."

"It will. Now I need to write a summons to the Dursleys and we will launch an offical investigation." Amelia nodded at me then spun and disappeared.

Harry sighed looking drained and exhausted. "Are you ok?"

"Yes Minnie. Im going to bed"

"Before you do, drink this." I summoned a dreamless sleep potion.

*

"Mr. Potter please to the stand." The lawyer called.

Harry trembled beside me. "Minnie, Im scared."

"Its ok. Just tell the truth. They're fates are sealed." I whispered.

Harry took a deep breath and came to the stand. "My aunt and uncle loathed me since I was a baby. They called me a freak and made me believe I was an unloveable child. By the time I was 3 I was forced to cook and keep house for them. Not doing so resulted in belt beatings from my uncle mostly. And I was helpless to stop him. I felt like i deserved it. My aunt joined in when she felt particularly excited. They ways blamed everything on me."

"Thank you. A recess is needed." The judge banged his gavel.

Harry ran to my outstretched arms shaking from head to toe. "Minnie."

"Shhh, its alright." I soothed him.  I tried in vain to get him to eat.

"My stomach is churning Minnie." Harry whined.

I slipped him a vial. "Pain reliever."

Once we returned to the courtroom, "I have found Mr. Vernon Dursley guilty of child abuse. He will be sentenced to 25 years in prison and fined 10,000 pounds. Mrs. Petunia Dursley has also been guilty she will get 20 years and fined 8,000 pounds.  Dismissed!" The judge banged the gavel.

"Harry, its over. Its all over." I soothed the boy.

Harry released a sigh of relief. "Thanks Minnie. Hopefully I can put all that behind me."

"No problem Harry." I reassured him. As we walked out of the court room, I felt my maternal instincts kick in. Ones I thought had long ago died.

*

Over the next few weeks Harry improved a lot. He gained weight, grew a bit taller and started smiling.

"Minnie?"

"Yes Harry?"

"Can I go visit Ron? He did invite me over for the summer." Harry stated.

I considered this; I wanted Harry under my watch a little while longer, but I could not deny him the need for social interaction.

"Yes. That can be arranged. Please don't tell anyne about us." I winked.

"Got it Mum, I promise I wont."

I grinned at the use of the new title, but I didnt comment.