I Must Stay Silent Part 1

Harrys POV

Harry groaned when Umbridge had subjected him to detention. But she was just baiting and Harry fell into the trap.

"Come in, Mr. Potter. Tonight you will be doing lines." The toad revealed her sickly smile.

"What do you want me to write?"

"I must stay silent."

"You havent given me any ink."

"You wont need ink. Off you go." The toad tapped the desk chair and gave him the pink feathered quill.

Harry knew this was bad. He only hoped it wasnt what he thought it was. Only ot was. The dreaded and forbidden Blood Quill.

Anything written in it would be written from the victims blood, the same words carved into the back of the non dominant hand.

Harry knew he had to get out. But as the High Inquisitor, he had no voice. Biting the inside of his cheek, Harry kept writing. He felt his hand was being sliced open. He wasucky the bitch didnt have him signing any contracts.

The time went on forever and his hand was beyond aching by the time the toad released him. Harry knew it was after curfew, so he did what his mother told him to do. Go to his room off her office at the base of Gryffindor Tower.

*

I frowned when I heard the door to Harrys room open. Why would my son be out after curfew? I confiscaded James' cloak for a damn reason!

I came into his room and frowned. Harrys such a neat freak. Always asleep in his pjs. But tonight, he lay halfway on his bed, in a weird backbend. Clothes on, shoes on.

I flicked my wand, his shoes came off. Then again so his legs came upon his bed. I pulled the cover over him and left.

What had worn him out so much? Ober the next 6 days, it was the same pattern. Late to his room after curfew, asleep on his bed in the back backbend, clothes on.

He even missed our weekly tea on Wednesday nights, just a no show, which Harry never does.

I however, never recieved an explaination. So, I decided to do some investigating. I held Harry back after Transfiguration. "Mr. Potter, a word please."

I saw worry flicker across his face. I waited until everyone was out and closed the classroom door, drawing the shades.

"Harry, this is me, just you and me. Whats going on?"

"Mum, I cant. I have to be to DADA on time!" Harrys vlice shook.

"Ill write you a note." I internally frowned. My conern was rising. Somethings not right.

"No, you dont get it, I have to go. Sorry Mum." Harry then forced the door open and fled.

I disilluminated myself and followed my son to Umbridges office.

"Late again I see, Mr. Potter. Detention for another week!" The infuriating woman yelled.

Harrys whole demeanor changed at that. His shoulders slumped further and he refused to make any eye contact in the room. Luckily I have a break and I watched Harry rub subconciously at his left hand.

What was haplening here? I planned to find out somehow.

That night, in keeping with his pattern, Harry came to his room with me after curfew, clothes on, backbend, sound asleep.

The next day at the end of class, I held Hermione back. "Miss Granger, hold on a moment.

Hermione looked worried and I was quick to reassure that she wasnt in any trouble and the girl relaxed instantly. "What is going on with Mr. Potter and Professor Umbridge?"

At once Hermione became flustered. "Nothing is happening. She having him do lines. He never said anything else."

"He seems to be low of energy these days. I can send him to Poppy if need be." I continued.

"Im not trying to speak for him, Professor." Hermione replied.

"You may go." I handed her a note, but followed her. Umbridge I saw excepted Hermiones note. What was going on? I vowed to find out.

I was heading to my room from dinner when Pamona stopped me. "Minerva! Someone stole my supply of Murtlap!"

"Hmm...I will investigate. Leave it to me." I began to have a hunch who it was. I went to Harrys bedroom. I looked under his bed and was surprised to see a bulging from his matress. I put my hand up and found a deep basin with a magical lock.

Inside was Pamonas stolen Murtlap! Ok, enough is enough. The next day I decided to ask Snape to give Harry detention.

"You know then Id have to babysit that menace." Snape drawled at breakfast.

"Dont insult my son." I hissed.

"Fine, I love dolling out detentions anyway."

*

Harrys POV

True to his word, Snape gave Harry detention for later that night. "Sir, cant I serve it anotyer night? I have detention with Professor Umbridge tonight." The boy plead after class.

"No. You will be there. Ill have you rearranging my private stores. Trust me, I think you may find it more interesting." Snape answered.

"Yes, Professor."

*

"Cant believe I did your dirty work." Snape scowled in passing.

"Thank you."

When the time came for Harrys detention, I drank the Polyjuice Potion and morphed into my son. I made my way to Umbridges office and sat down.

"Remember, Mr. Potter, I must stay silent." One look at the quill and my overprotective motherly instincts kicked in. I silently thought the unveiling spell and smirked when the vile womans smile vanish.

"Tell me, why you thought it nessessary to use this on students?" I growled.

Before she answered, she aimed a lethal cutting hex at me. I ducked it and stunned her. Once she was out cold, I tied her in ropes.

Waving my wand, I summoned up Tabby and sent her to Amelia Bones. I sent another patronus to Albus telling him anout the bitches decipline actions.

Moments later, Amelia came in, and after identifying the quill hauled the woman to the Ministry for questioning.

Now, to Pamona and her stolen Murtlap.