Underwater Adventure

I sighed when I found Harry slumped over his desk, reading a book on water plants.

I smiled, then saw his notebook. Second Task

Item taken
1 hour limit
Breathe underwater

Then it went on how to do that. I was surprised he thought of human Transfiguration, but he crossed it out and wrote inexperienced underneath

I decided why not push him in the right direction? I flipped the book to Gillyweed. I left a note saying; this should help. Mum. Shh dont tell anyone.

I went to bed, happy my son knew what to do.

*

"Harry, why did you buy gillyweed?" I asked after dinner one night even though I knew the answer.

"Need to practice for the Second Task, Mum." Harry answered.

"Best of luck, now go on. Off to bed." I ruffled his hair as he passed.

I saw him run off to the Prefects bathroom, the best place to practice using the gillyweed. I didnt have the heart to stop him.

I only prayed to Merlin Harry had a good enough plan.

*

"You wanted to see me Albus?" I came into my boss' office.

"As you know we are taking people close to the champions for this task." Albus began.

My eyes widened, "No, you cant mean..."

Albus nodded.

"No, this isnt wise Albus!" I protested at once. "Harry cant carry me to the surface! Cant he take Hermione?"

"Whinning has never been your suit Minerva." Albus frowned

"Our relationship will be revealed!" I protested.

"No, not if you drink this." Albus held out a foul smelling and smoking goblet.

"Who will I turn into?"

"Miss Granger."

"Where will the real one be in the meantime?" I asked

"Knocked oout in her dormitory by a Sleeping Draught. Ill modify her memory later. You have to admit Minerva, Harry trusts you the most. He knows the riddle right?"

"Yes."

"Then all will be fine."

I rolled my eyes, "i swear, it better be. How long will the Polyjuice last?"

"Long enough after the task till you get somewhere private." Akbus smiled.

"Fine then." I sipped the foul drink and morphed into Hermione Granger. "But in return, you owe us a nice vaction all expenses paid to Florida." I complained.

"Send me the bill by owl." Albus grinned.

Harrys POV

The time had come; the day of the second task. Harry went to his mothers office, hoping to get a few words of encouragement, but no one answered when he knocked. Odd, the woman was always up by 7 30 and stayed in the Great Hall till 10 am.

Harry shrugged, thinking his mother was taking an early breakfast. No sign either. The teenager frowned.

"There you are Harry!" Ron came up to him.

"Wheres Hermione?"

"Lavender said she pulled an all nighter. Might not make it to the Task." Ron shrugged.

Harry was beyond worried, it was nearing 8 am and Minerva wasnt anywhere to be seen.

After a long drawn out breakfast, the teachers signaled time to leave. Harry made sure to cast an hour spell, that Poppy showed him to regulate his temperature.

The announcements came and Harty was itching to dive in. When the horn sounded, Harry stuffed a fist full of gillyweed and dived under.

He only had to hold his breath a few seconds before gills came.

*

Damn it! Why did I agree to do this? I complied and drank the potion to make me sleep. All the victims had a bubble charm around us to keep us alive under water.

I only hoped Harry would understand shy im pretending to be his friend.

Suddenly, my eyes opened, and there was Harry with his arms around my waist. I was relieved to find Hermiones curls in my face. The potion is holding.

"Hermione?" Harry called.

I looked at him and smiled. I cant risk speaking, so I began to shiver. Thats when I was ushered to the medical tent. Before Poppy could come in, I became me again.

I slipped out and no one noticed. I changed my clothes with the flick of my wand and went to congragulate Harry.

But the crowd around him was so large, I stayed away.

*

"Mum?" Harry whispered knocking on my office door.

"Come in." I called.

"Where were you today?" Harry asked.

"You did an amazing save of Miss Granger." I commented.

"How do you know about my hostage? I didnt see you in the audience unless...no." Harry shook his head.

"Yes, keep going." I encouraged.

"Unless you were my hostage?" Harry cocked his head.

"I was. Albus' idea to disguise me as your friend." I blushed.

"Where is she now?"

"Asleep in her dormitory." I replied.

"Although it was sneaky, it was a brilliant idea." Harry huffed.

"I didnt want to do it, but we have an all expense paid vacation to Florida this summer." I smiled.

"Brilliant! I always wanted to know Americas wizarding world." Harry grinned.