Dobby the Elf

CRACK! 

Ive never heard that noise cone from my sons room before, so I went to his room and peeked in. There on Harrys bed is a house elf with bright green eyes.

Who is he?

Harry had arrived home and I heard him yell. "Who are you?!"

"Dobby, Dobby came to warn Harry Potter not to return to Hogwarts, its not safe!" The elf cried.

I raised my eyebrow up at that. It seems like thus Dobby knows who is planning to make this year go crazy.

I came into the room. "Dobby who are your Masters?"

"Dobby cant say Mistress McGonagall! What is you doing here?"

"I watch over Harry...on occassion. I know you cant ignore a direct order, but I have a way." I smiled. Taking out my wand I swished it about expertly.

Dobbys green eyes widened in shock. "Mistress McGonagall is you really doing this?!" Dobby asked.

"Yes. I am cutting the bonds Dobby has with his current Masters. And I am binding him to us- well Harry. Dobby Harry needs a lookout and I think you are the perfect elf for the job." I smiled.

Tears streamed down Dobbys face. "Mistress McGonagall is too kind!" Dobby exclaimed

"Wait Professor, Dobby is my elf now?" Harry asked.

"Yes he is. Now my first order you are to keep this a secret from everybody. Harry here is my son." I atated ignoring Harrys open mouthed expression.

"Your son?! A great witch to raise a great wizard! Will Dobby be accompanying Harry Potter to Hogwarts?" Dobby looked up at me eagerly.

"Yes you will. And if what you said is true Dobby. We need all the eyes we can get here." I replied.

"Tis an honor Mistress McGonagall!" Dobby trembled.

I smiled, "Im glad. Harry if you ever run into trouble call out Dobbys name and he will come to you."

"Thanks Mum." Harry smiled

*

I was getting the castle ready for the students when Dobby alerted me to something.

"Mistress McGonagall!"

"Yes Dobby?"

"Harry Potter and his friend missed the train!" Dobby trembled.

"Go to them and bring them to me, now please."

"Yes Mistress!" Dobby disappeared with a crack.

Moments later my son and Ron Weasley stood before me.

"Professor! Thank you." Harry smiled.

"What happened?" I demanded.

"We couldnt get through the barrier. Someone sealed it." Ron replied.

"At least you two are safe. Now, you may go to the library and wait till the other students arrive." I smiled at seeing Harrys eyes light up.

Harry turned and I held up 4 fingers.
He nodded and went off with Ron.

*

"Im so glad I sent Dobby after you." I said after the feast that night.

"Me too."