Dating

"Ooh you look nice Harry. Where are you off to?" I asked.

"Please dont freak Mum." Harry blushed.

"I wont."

"On a date."

"Really? Wow Im impressed. Who is it with?" I asked.

"Susan Bones." Harry smiled.

"Nice. All I ask is that you be respectful to her." I smiled.

"You raised me well enough Mum."

"Ok. You have fun, but leave your wand behind. You have your button right?" I demanded.

"Right here." Harry pointed to the top button on his shirt.

"Ok. Have fun." I shot him a smile before he left my office. Once he was gone, I set to work on the gift for him.

I have been making it since I took Harry in at 7. Its a pile of scrapbooks. One for each year of his life, highlighting the best triumphs of each year.

A knock came at my office door not even 5 minutes later. "Its open!"

At once I smelled him, and a small smile made its way onto my face. "Hello Severus."

"Minerva, is Potter around?" Severus' black eyes moved quickly about the room.

"No, he went out with friends. Why do you ask?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I wondered if I could interest you in some Wizards Chess? And maybe a cup of tea?"

"That sounds nice, I accept."

*

Harry arrived at Bones Estate through the main floo.

"Hello Harry." Amelia stated behind her newspaper.

"Hi Madam Bones, is Susan ready?"

Amelia looked up to access the young celebrity. "She will be down in a minute. What are your plans?"

"A movie in the Muggle World. Is that ok with you?" Harry asked suddenly nervous.

Amelia smiled, "of course it is. Would you like me to create a portkey for your return?"

"Actually, I have one here." Harry held out his wrist to show a black band. "I have it set to the Leaky Couldron."

"Impressive Harry." Amelia nodded.

"Harry?" Susan called coming down the stairs. She came into the room and Harry gasped. Susan chose a turquoise dress that cut off at the knee. It framed her upper body and fanned out slightly at the bottom. Her hair came down in slight curls.

"You look beautiful, Susan."

"Thank you."

"Shall we?" Harry held out his arm.

Susan took it and smiled , "we shall. Ill be home by 10, Auntie."

"Have fun you two." Amelia called.

*

"Enter."

I came into Severus' chambers to see a chessboard on a circular table. And the man himself seated at the table.