Birthday Celebration

"Minnie? What is this?" Harry asked looking amused when he came into the kitchen.

"Your birthday surprise of course!" I chuckled.

Harry rolled his eyes, "my birthday isnt for another month!"

"I know that. But this way we can celebrate together. You'll be at the Burrow on your actual birthday." I replied.

"Oh right." Harry blushed. "I forgot that."

"Its no problem. After breakfast, Im taking you to the book signing at Flourish and Blotts." I smiled.

"For that new DADA book i wanted?" Harry asked excitedly.

"Yes, you will need it as a future reference." Not much else was said as Harry downed his breakfast.

"So, are we going?" Harry asked.

"We will, but I need to change my appearance first." I smiled. Whenever we go out in a heavily populated magical area, I always change how I look. Its the only way for our relationship to remain a secret.

"Right, I forgot."

"After we get you that book, we'll go for lunch, anything you'd like." I smiled.

"Wow, Minnie! You dont have to." Harrys face turned red.

"Shush, I am your guardian, Potter. I know you deserve a birthday where even your smallest whim comes true." I sent him.a smile.

"Ok, Minnie." Harry replied 

*

When we got to Flourish and Blotts, I disguised myself so no one would know me.

"Why are you doing that?"

"I dont want many people to know Im your guardian. I dont want you to think I'm ashamed, but its none of their business." I replied.

"I get it, Minnie." Harry sent me a shy smile.

I made sure Harry kept to my side, but I did notice his eyes drift to books on privacy wards and potion making. Hmmm, when his back was turned, I bought him the books and plan to send them to the Burrow on his actual birthday.

*

"Thank you." Harry exclaimed.

"This is your first summer with me, and I intend for you to have fun." I replied.

Harry told me on the last day of school how scared he was to go home after the python accident. I knew instinctively that Harry can't go back. After making the nessessary arrangements; showing the Potters will to the right people, I went to pick him up from Kings Cross.

I did notice though, he seems surprised when I do just the basics for his care. I have the sneaking suspicion that his Muggle relatives were very unpleasant to him.

"Thanks Minnie." Harry sent me a shy smile.

I took him to dinner but in the Muggle world. Where we won't be recognized. "Come on Harry, order anything you want. Today is all about you." I winked

When the waitress came, Harry placed a small order. "He'll have a large side order of mixed vegetables please." I inturrupted.

"Yes, Ma'am."

Harrys eyes widened at me, and again I smiled. "You are a growing boy, Harry. You need the proper nutrition." I made a mental note to let Poppy in on my secret charge so I can get him into a healthier state by the time next term comes.

We made small talk about the subjects he enjoys and I got a nasty feeling, he's been holding himself back for the sake of those despicable Muggles.

I then proceeded to ask him questions on his written exam that he got wrong. To my surprise, he answered them all correctly.
"Harry, all of your answers are correct, yet you got them wrong on your exam. Why?"

"My relatives." Came the answer.

"You no longer live with them. I want you to do the best that you can in all your classes. You understand?"

"Sure can, Minnie." Harry smiled.

"Im glad to hear that. Tell me, what subject do you like the most?"

"Defense." Harry blushed. "Potions was second until Snape..."

"Yes?"

"Nevermind."

"Harry." I warned

The boy sighed, "He hates me, rely hates me. All because I'm my fathers son. I've been told I look just like James, but Im not him. I find it very unfair hes treating me like my father."

I frowned, "he is?"

Harry nodded.

"Ill talk to him, see if I can knock some sense into him."

When we got home, "I need to run an errand. The wards will warn me if you try to leave. And also.....Jenny!"

A house elf appeared. "Yes?"

"Watch Harry while I'm gone, please."

I left without hearing a response. This is one gift I'm not telling Harry about. He will recieve it next term.

After I said a few choice words go my co worker, I returned home to find Harry asleep.

I smiled at his form. "Goodnight Harry."