Nightmares

I'm so happy to have Harry here with me. But as I laid down to sleep, Harrys voice stopped me. I came into the boys room and saw him fighting with invisible demons.

I sighed, Ive come in on his dreams, but that only embarassed him. This time I need to try something different. "Harry, you are ok. Its not real."

Harry stiffened then went limp. After a second, a snore errupted. I released a sigh happy to see him settled down.

But I wasnt going to leave him alone. He had moved in less than a week ago. I knew the poor boy would have scars, but I wasnt ready for something so intense.

"Come on, you arent a cat for no reason. When you fall, you end up on all 4s." I reassured myself.

When morning broke, I was up getting breakfast ready. Harry didnt come down till 10 and I was fine with that.

"Morning Professor, sorry I slept in." Harry blushed.

I smiled in reply. "Minnie, call me Minnie when we're alone. Thats the name your father gave me."

"It is?!" Harrys green eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes. Now, lets enjoy some breakfast." I replied.

Harry looked at me apprehensively for some reason. As if I would even mention his nightmares during our meal. I need to get him to eat, and be patient with the lad. It will be the only way Harry will be able to trust me.

After Harry had eaten his breakfast, I slid a vial over to him.

"What is this, Minnie?"

"Nutrition potion to increase your appitite. You are far too skinny." I answered.

Harry scowled slightly before downing the liquid. He turned back to the food on the table and began to make it disappear.

Once he was finally done, I smiled in relief. "Do you have any plans for today?"

Harry looked up at me, "Ron had invited me over...but Id like to know you a bit better."

"Why not in Augest you can go to the Burrow?" I suggested.

"How will I explain about the Muggles? The Weasleys still think Im with them." Harry sighed.

"We'll think of something. I hope you dont mind keeping me a secret."

"Not at all, every bit of my life is publicized. Thanks Minnie." Harry smiled.

*

I was lying down to sleep when once again, Harry began screaming in his sleep. I sighed uneasily, will this ever end?

I came into Harrys room and proceeded to wake him. "Wake up Harry!"

Harrys green orbs opened. "Minnie..."

"Dont aplogize, its not needed." I cut him off.

Harrys eyes flew to his covers. "Ok Minnie."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Harry shook his head.

"Thats ok, time for some hot chocolate." I lead him to the kitchen and summoned a house elf.

"Hot coca Mistress?"

"Yes."

After I had slid a mug to Harry did he speak again. "Thanks."

"Id like to tell you a story." I began and I saw Harry sit up straighter. "About a girl whos the smartest in her year and the biggest prat that ever graced the halls of Hogwarts."

"My parents?" Harry asked.

I nodded, pleased he caught on so fast.
And so began a story. By the time I had finished, Harry had fallen asleep.

The following morning, I hadnt pressed Harry about his nighmares. But if he has any tonight, I wont be so easy on him.

I vow to figure out what plagues him, no matter what.

*

I gave Harry a Dreamless Sleep potion the following night, and I smiled waking up in the morning. However, that potion is a temporary fix. Harry cant continously drink those potions or he could become resistant to them.

After we had breakfast, I sat Harry down and began. "Harry, Id like to know about your nightmares."

"Minnie..." Harrys voice shook and he turned red.

"Harry, its not healthy to keep all that in. By talking about it, the nighmares lose their power over you." I stated.

Harry sighed, "I am tired of them." The boy then went onto tell me about his earlist years with the Dursley family.

Vernon treated him worse than a House elf! Along the way, Harry began crying and I reassured him that its not his fault.

"Thanks Minnie." Harry said half an hour later. I noticed he looked worn out.

"Why dont you go back to sleep?"

"Ok."

*

After the maze....

After Harry was discharged from the Hospital Wing,I had demanded he stay in his room and not the Tower.

My instincts proved correct when Harry began screaming. I knew his dreams would be plagued by Voldemorts ressurection. As always Im there to reassure him. I began to thank Merlin I had silenced his rooms years ago. The whole school doesnt need to know ehat plagues the Harry Potter.

"Harry, they arent real." I told him one night midsummer.

"I know Mum. But that night was bloody terrifying." Harry admitted.

This shocked me. My son has seen a lot of scary things and never let on how afraid he was. So I knew it had to be very intense for him to admit his fear.

I had seen his nightmares here and there. I would go into his dreams when they were uneasy and soothed him there. Other times I woke him up and we chatted about light hearted topics over tea or a warm drink.

Then Harry would fall back to sleep, happy and calm.

*

After Dumbledores Death....

"No, Snape!" Harry yelled late one night.

I shot out of bed, running to Harrys room. I came in to find Harry shaking and sweaty. "Its ok."

"No Mum, its not!" Harry snapped and I knew where his anger stemed from.

"You want to talk?" I raised an eyebrow.

Harry sighed in defeat. "Sorry Mum."

"No, I get it. You feel betrayed here." I stated. So did I. Severus and I have been secret lovers and then he kills our mentor with no explaination? Harrys not the only one whos allowed to feel furious.