The Boggart part 2

"Good luck Harry." His mum wished him.

"Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get." Harry sent her a strained smile before leaving for Remus' classroom.

Remus smiled when Harry entered the room. "Are you ready?"

"Um...kinda."

"Harry, there's no need to be worried. I'm here only to help you." Remus tried to reassure the teen.

Harry nodded mutely and approached the wardrobe. Out came Vernon Dursley, looking as mean as ever. Harry gripped his wand tight. "R-Riddiculus!" He sputtered.

"Pathetic boy!"

Harrys wand shook. "Now you know Professor. Rid-riddulus!"

The boggart didn't change. And Vernon continued to yell curses at the boy.

"Not real, not real." Harry told himself. He took a deep breath, "riddiuclus!"

The fat man turned into an oversized baby with a pacifier to boot.

At once, Remus began laughing heartily as the boggart stumbled backwards into the wardrobe. "Amazing Harry!"

The boy only blushed.

"Was that your muggle uncle?" Rumus asked 

Harry nodded, terrified to elaborate, but thankfully Lupin never did.

"Everyone has fears they don't want others to know. I'd like to tell you mine. Remember the giant orb you saw?" Lupin asked

Harry nodded, "yes Remus. Why?"

"Its not a crystal ball. It's the full moon. You see, I was bitten by a werewolf when I was 4. And I've been one my whole life. the full moon triggers a very painful transformation. Your father, and Sirius figured it out. Instead of leaving me, they became my pack. They chose to keep me company as animals since a werewolf is only dangerous to humans." Remus explained

"And that time that Dad saved Snape?" Harry asked.

Remus sighed, "Sirius was a lonely bored prat back then. He let slip to Severus how to get past the whomping Willow, but not what was on the other side.....me. as a  werewolf. James was terrified to see that someone had discovered my secret, and my wolf side got ready to kill. James transformed back into a human and was able to save Severus' life."

"But wasn't he in danger of you as a human?"

"That story has been embellished over the years. You would think so, but I knew the sent of my pack, and I backed down. James even erased Severus' mind of me being a werewolf,  and left him with a paralyzing fear of werewolves." Remus sighed.

"Sirius? What happened to him?"

"No punishment. Lucky guy, he should have been expelled. He had intentions of me killing Severus. If I had told Mineva back then, I doubt Sirius and I would be friends today."

"The teachers never found out?"

"Only Albus, but of course he never did a damn thing. I still feel guilty about it years later." Remus sighed.

*

"Hey Mum?"

"Yes Harry?" I asked

"What do you know of Sirius and Snapes animosity?"

"That they instantly loathed each other. Why?"

"Remus told me a story that is likely going to change your view on the matter." Harry replied.

"Lets talk over a chess game, shall we?" I smiled slightly.

Harry groaned, "Mum, I have no strategy!"

"We'll help you develop some." I was shocked to hear the true story between Seeverus and Sirius. I was fuming by the end, and even let Harry capture my queen.

"Mum, is that why Snape hates Lupin is because the truth never came out?" Harry asked.

"Maybe."

*

Later that night I cornered Severus and asked him straight out. "What happened between you and Sirius?"

"Minerva, just because we share a bed most nights does not mean I gave to relive a terrifying time." Severus snapped.

"I am well aware waking up next to someone doesn't warrant automatic trust. But we had built a rapport the past 12 years. And....to be truthful. I never heard what happened." I commented.

"What?!"

"My son just told me the whole truth. I am sorry Severus, but why hadn't you told me at the time?" I sent him a sad look.

"I wasn't in your house, and nor your responsibility." Severus snapped.

"Thats a bunch of hogwash and you know it! I was deputy head back then too. I would have fought for you, had you told me." I shook my head.

"I didn't think it right to let anyone fight for me, especially after 5th year when Lily cut ties. I learned early in life to fend for myself and I continue to do so." Severus replied.

"Come to bed, we have some other topics to discuss."

"Should I be worried?"

"No, but is it true you have a fear of werewolves?"

"Yes. Lupin  tried to erase my memory but I was too smart back then and his spell wasn't strong enough."

"Maybe tomorrow, I'll help you tackle a boggart."

"Ok i like that idea, Minerva." We kissed and then went to bed.

*

"Im- Im not sure." Severus gripped his wand tightly.

I sighed, "Severus Im right here. Just breathe and say the spell. Don't listen to what the boggart says, ok? Concentrate on me and my voice."

"Just do it." Severus set his jaw.

I flicked my wand and the wardrobe door opened. Out came a man with long dirty black hair.

"R-ridd-ddiculus!" Severus squeaked.

"Try again."

Severus took a deep breath, "Riddiculus!"

"Pathetic boy! You are worthless!" The man screeched.

"Riddiculus!" Severus spat and the boggart disappeared. My friend sank to the ground exhausted.

"You did it!" I exclaimed and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks Minerva, I hadn't seen a boggart in years." Severus stated.

"Was that..."

"If you were anyone else, I would have hexed you for asking. But yes, that was my father." Severus answered.

"Im surprised you are letting me in." I admitted.

"You have earned my respect and very recently, my trust Minerva."