Batttle of Belief

"Professor, someone is trying to steal the Sorcerers Stone!" Harry exclaimed 

"This sounded very unlikely. Please return ro the dormitories. I can assure you, the Stone is very safe." I replied.

I went about my day and night. However around 3am a hand shook me awake.

"Minerva!" A voice demanded.

"What?"

"Quirell he got the stone. Voldemort has returned to full power!" Severus hissed.

"NO!" I screamed

"There is one way to undue this." Snape waved his wand silently summoning an hourglass necklace.

"You, me, and Harry. That's my deal." I said firmly.

"Go rouse the toerag then. We don't have much time!" Severus snapped.

I rushed into Harrys room and began to rouse him. "Harry wake up,now!"

"Mum!" Harry groaned  "do you know what time it is?"

"It will be your last few moments alive if you dont listen to me. You were right, someone was after the Stone. Now it has been stolen. Voldemort has returned. Our only hope is if you come with me now!" I barked.

"Mum, what are we doing?"

"Going on a quest of course." I smiled. "Grab your cloak."

When Harry came into my office and saw Snape he huffed irritability. "Im not going with him of all people!"

"Harry, please trust me. Ill give you an explaination later, but now,we have to go!" I insisted 

"Fine." Harry huffed.

"Get in close." I threw the time turner necklace over the three of us and turned back time about 3 hours.

"Now the cloak Harry, now!" I hissed.

"Mum, what did we do?"

"We went  back in time of course, Potter." Snape drawled.

"What?!"

"Yes, but I have to warn you; we are here for one purpose only, to get the stone without being see by anyone. Then we must return to my office by 3am." I whispered.

"What about you two?" Harry asked 

I waved my wand, casting a disilluminte spell on myself. "Take my hand Harry, we'll get through this together."

Harry took my hand and together we walked silently to the forbidden area.

"Hagrid told us the beast loves music!" Harry whispered eying the three headed growling dog.

I glanced at a harp nearby. Waving my wand, the harp began to play and Fluffy fell asleep. I waved my wand again and Fluffys paw moved off the trap door.

"Hold on." I threw down a giant ball of light. The light burned a good sized hole in the depths below. "Now jump."

"Mum! How can we?!" Harry protested.

"Just jump. I'll catch us." I reassured him. After jumping through the hole I made, I waved my wand, "arresto momentum!"

In midair we slowed down to a halt and we hung a few feet above the floor before falling the rest of the way.

"Mum, you should have warned me!" Harry protested.

"Quit your winning Potter!" Severus growled.

"Get moving!" I hissed.

We came to a room with keys flying. "Allow me, Minerva. Immobulus!" Snape announced effectively freezing the keys. "Accico winged key!"

The key flew to his palm. He shoved the key in and opened the door.

"Come on you two." I called.

"Mum, where are we going?" Harry asked.

"Yo save the stone of course." I smirked.

"Wait are all the rooms defenses made by the teachers?" Harry asked.

"3 points to Gryffindor."

"Really Severus? Yes, Hagrids was Fluffy, Pomona the Devils Snare, Rolanda the keys, mine is a giant chess match." I waved my wand making light cone into the room.

"Great, we get to play across." Harry moped.

"Please. We don't have time." I walked around to the white side and opened a latch at ghe kings feet.  Pressed a button and at once, the door ahead flew open.

"Severus, do you have the extra potion?" I asked.

Snape nodded pulling out two small vials.

We walked through and were blocked by fire.

"Now what?" Harry huffed.

Snaoe walked to the end and plucked the smallest bottle. "Potter drink up."

"Why?" Harry cast a sideways glance.

"To get through the fire, please hurry!" I down my share.

To my relief, the next room was empty. "A mirror?! Dumbledores protection is a mirror?!"

"Theres a trick I know there is." Snape mumbled.

"Desire." Harry breathed.

"Huh?"

"This mirror will show us our deepest desire. Mum look into it." Harry encouraged.

I stepped forward and there stood my husband and daughter along with the alive Potters united again. Lilys reflection winked at me and her hand went to my reflections  pocket. Suddenly I felt a weight come into my pocket. "I got it, lets go."

"How though?"

"Its my turn Minerva." Snape offered he waved his wand and a tunnel opened up.

"Go ahead Harry, we are right behind you."
I reassured him.

Once we all had returned to the ground floor, I checked my watch which said 2 30am.

"Severus, where were you around this time?"

"In my classroom, reading an article when Albus' patronus alerted me. He told me to go back in time to right a terrible wrong." Snape answered.

"Ok, lets go to the Transfiguration classroom. No one will be there." Together we all sat in the room in complete silence until...

"Mum, can you please tell me what we did?" Harry yawned.

I sighed. "We used a device called a time turner. It takes us back in time how many hours we turn it back. However, dangerous consequences will happen to those who meddle with time. We are in my classroom now because no one was here at this time." I waved my wand and a sleeping bag appeared. "Go to sleep if youre tired."

"Thanks Mum."

Once 3 AM had passed, I walked to Albus' office and placed the stone on his desk guarded by protections only he could break.

I made a mental note to listen more to my son when he makes crazy and wild statements. No matter how far out they are. That's what being  good mother is ... to be a good listener, supporter and protector. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm excited for the next adventure Harry takes me on.