A Patronus?!

I had felt horrible. I had forgotgen to tell the Harry dementors were coming. Thank Merlin Remus was on the train.

"Mr. Potter, Miss Granger with me please." I called when they had arrived. I lead them to my office.

"Wait outside a moment Mr. Potter." I stated.

Harry nodded looking worried. While I handed Hermione the key to her new rigours schedule. "Now remember you must not be seen.
Dire consequenses haplen to those who meddle with time. We cant know what because they never came back."

Hermione vowed to keep it a secret. I told her to head down to the feast and send Harry in. 

"Harry." I said holding out my arms.

"Sorry Mum." The boy replied hugging me.

"Im the one who owes you. I forgotten to warn you. I never should have let you go on it. You will be ok. Professor Lupin gave you chocolate, right?" I asked

"Yes, Mum."

"Im glad you met him. He was best friends with your father." I explained.

"James?" Harrys eyes widened.

"Yes."

"Should I talk to him about....would he want to talk about my father even?" Harry looked apprehensive.

"Never know until you try." I smiled. "Are you ready to go back down?"

Harry shook his head. "Malfoys no doubt spread it about that I collapsed on the train. Im just not ready to face it just yet."

I sighed, "Normally Id say that running wont do you any good. But tonights an exception. Are you ok? You seem more...rattled than usual." I looked at my son closer, and my concern only rose.

"I didnt only collapse on the train, Mum. I heard a woman screaming, but when I came too, my friends said no one was screaming." Harry looked unnerved. Not that I blamed him.

"Why not eat with me tonight, just the two of us. My boss will of course understand. Now onto lighter things." I summoned a house elf and the night dissolved in to laughter and smiles.

*

My heart froze when I saw a figure fallimg. I snatched Snapes binoculars and saw Cedric falling. Suddenly he flatened out. But then another figure appeared. Oh no! I zoomed in, Harry!

Raising my wand I summoned a few Tabbys; my patronus and then screamed; "ARRESTO MOMENTUM!"

While Harrys fall was cushioned, i summoned a broom and flew down to my boy. Harrys broom went off on its own, I vlcan retrieve it later. I approched Harrys still form before his teammates could and conjured a stretcher. I made it float and had it follow me.

"Poppy!" I bellowed as soon as I cake in.

Poppy emereged and gasped. "Oh Merlin! What happened?" She waved her wand, transfering him to a bed. I made his clothes dry immediately and turned to the mediwitch.

After Poppys inital evaluation, was I ready to strangle her. "Well?!" I demanded.

"You saved his life Minerva. You should be proud. He will wake up soon." Poppy reassured me.

"When?"

"Within an hour I suppose. I would hardly suggest allowing visitors in here though. Im not kicking you out." Poppy replied.

"Thats a good idea. I will be back, I need to find the lads broom." I swept from the wing and found the whole team outside, waiting anxiously.

"Mr. Potter will make a recovery, but...no visitors. Madam Pomfreys orders." I stated firmly.

When I returned, Harry was fully awake, but he looked so downcast. "Oi, Knut for your thoughts?"

Harry looked upmand beamed. "Mum!" He whispered holding out his arms.

I smiled and immediately went to hug him. "Why so sad?"

Harrys eyes flew to his covers. "I know who is screaming."

I sat in the chair beside his bed.
"Really, who?" I regretted wanting to know when I saw the haunted look in my boys eyes.

"Lily Potter."

I squeezed his hand in support.  "Dementors are only good at amplifying your worst memories. You have horrors in your past, your classmates cant even imagine. Its not your fault."

"Mum, is there a way to ward them off?" Harry asked.

"There is. But its very complicated magic, far beyond the ordinary wizarding level." I stated.

"I cant let these dementors rule my life. Its the patronus charm, isnt it Mum?" Harry became determind. I knew he wasntetting it go.

"Ok. I will ask Remus if he can teach you."

"Thanks Mum!" Harry smiled.

*

I gasped when I peered out my window and saw a silver stag charge at the dementors. Without hesitating, I raced outside and had Tabby join Harrys fully coporeal patronus.

"Harry!" I gasped

Harry turned and ran up to me. "Mum, Im ok, dont worry."

"Thank Merlin. Wheres Remus?"

"In the forest. He fully transformed tonight." Harry replied. "Why didnt you tell me?"

"You need exposure to other people and magical creatures. Did Severus see him?" I asked.

Harry nodded.

"Where is he?" I wondered aloud.

"He got knocked out in the Shrieking Shack, by accident  Harry said sheepishly.

"Get Hermione back up to the castle. I will be back shortly." I turned on my heel.

I came into the shack and modified Snapes memories, even ones of him knowing Remus' condition.

When I returned, Harry jumped up. "Everything has been taken care of. You should owl Sirius though."

"Thanks Mum."

"Harry, what is your patronus?"

"A stag."

"Nice work. I insist you stay here tonight. See you at breakfast." I hugged him briefly before leaving.