A Quiet Summer

Since the term had let out, Harry has barely spoken. I was there as was Sirius when Harry told of his time after touching tbe cup.

I know my boys sensitive, but now, hes completely shut down. And I hate seeing him like this

As Head of House, I am required to seal off my houses common room. Harrys in his room.that connects to my office.

As much as I hate the idea, I told Harry we wont be returning home this summer. I think some time away from here will do him good.

Hes been in his room refusing to talk and summons Dobby for meals.

"Harry?" I knocked on his door. I unlocked it to find my boy reading ahead in his classes. I had been unaware that hes checked out books 2 years ahead. Hes already in the 6th year curriculum!

I summoned the book from his hands. Harry sighed and looked up, obviously annoyed. "Becoming Hermione will do you no good."

"Cant leave. Our secret." Harry answered.

I rolled my eyes. "You've been under a disillumate charm before."

Harry sighed, "I feel bloody cursed."

"Thats rubbish. Cedric was an accident! You couldnt have know what would happen." I snapped.

"I heard Voldemort yell to kill the spare. I was so blinded by my connection to the mad man, I couldnt do anything. I ft as if my skull was being split open." Harry growled.

"Im glad we're finally talking. Its been 3 weeks." I smiled.

"Ive been busy studying and practicing. Im close to nonverbal spells. Then its onto wandless." Harry continued in his flat voice.

"Im amazed you've done so much. But, you need your friends. Ive arranged for you to stay with the Weasleys for the rest of the summer." I stated

"Mum, as nice as that is...no thank you."  Harry flipped a page in his book.

"Why not?"

"I never spoke of that terrifying night again. Ive gotten hate mail from people saying Cedric should be here and not me! Dont you know Id give anything to switch places with Cedric?!" Harry yelled tears threatening to burst forth.

I pulled him into a tight hug. "You are so much stronger than anyone knows. I dont want you with your biological parents for a long time, you hear me Harry Potter? Sirius feels the same way. You are a very talented wizard."

"Mum...I cant see my friends. They keep asking what happened in the maze. I cant tell them, and...." Harry trailed off into sobs.

"Its to painful to talk about. I know." I replied.

"You do?" Harry asked.

I nodded. "Its a similar situation. Why dont we go shopping? That can help distract you."

"Ok."

When we returned, Im relieved to see m son so happy. "Do you want me to send you to the Weasleys now?"

Harry shook his head.

"Why dont I send a message to Molly?"

"Mum..."

"The Wwasleys know Im the one that arranges your location for the summer. They wont know anything."

Harry sighed then nodded in agreement. "Fine."

*

"Thank you Molly. Im sorry I hadnt reached out earlier. My contact told me Harrys been grieving all this time." I spoke to the Tabby cat. "Off with you to the Burrow!"

I passed by my boys room and once again hes busy reading. A reply came from Molly 20 minutes later.

"The poor lad! Theres no need to worry, Ill make sure my family understands. Tell your contact to send him over whenever hes ready!" Mollys voice spoke from her silver dog.

"Harry?"

"Yes Mum?"

"You're to go to the Weasleys soon. Pack your trunk. Ill see you at Hogwarts." I smiled.

"Ok Mum, thanks. Should I go through the Leaky Couldron?" Harry asked.

"You know the routine." I winked.

"Yes, I do." Harry smiled. After my boy packed his trunk, I sent it off to the Burrow.

"Remember if you nesd anything, owl me. Have a great time with your friends. We'll have tea after the Welcoming feast." I gave him a hug.

Harry waved to me and then disappeared in flames.

Harrys POV

When Harry arrived at the Weasleys, Mrs. Weasley turned to greet him. "Harry dear, we were wondering when youd cone around."

 "Hi Mrs. Weasley." Harry smiled.

"Everyones outside playing, lunch will be ready soon."

Harry came outside to see Ginny catching the substiute snitch. "Nice one Ginny!"

The redhead stopped midair to see who called her. "Harry!"

The other Weasleys turned when they heard Ginny yell.

Harry stood on the ground waving at his friends. A few seconds later, everyone touched down.

"Where have you been?" Hermione demanded.

As far as anyone knew, he stayed at the castle over the summer.

"The castle. I wanted to get some studying in before I came." Harry answered.

Hermione looked impressed. "How have you been?"

"Ok. The quiet can get lony though." Harry replied.

*

As soon as Harry left for the Burrow I left for Hogwarts. I have nothing keeping me home.

I came to my office and begsn my lesson plans for the next term. A knock came.

"Come in."

"Minerva? Im surprised you are back early." A deep voice stated.

I smiled turning to the man in all black. "I hope that means you are happy to see me."

"Indeed, I am. Shall we take tea together?" Severus held out his hand.

"I would love to."

"Minerva, why are you worried?" Severus asked.

"Harrys been having nightmares. He saw Cedric die before his eyes and...Im unsure if I can help him anymore." I admitted.

"You are foing what my father failed to do....be a comforting presence. Potter will recover. I know he will." Severus poured me another cup of tea.

"Thank you, I needed that."

"Its no problem."