Unforgiveable Curses

As great as it is having Alastor Moody here, something doesnt feel right. I tried brushing off that uneasy feeling, but it kept returning.

Everyone knows Moody as the fearless retired Auror who put a dozen Death Eaters in Askaban. But I felt like something during his retirement had changed Moody.

During my Third Year class on Tuesday, I heard some students gossiping about DADA during their practice.

My concern rose when I heard about displaying the Unforgiveable Curses to Fourth Years and above. Apparently a student is spreading the rumors heard from Fred Weasley himself.

I had half a mind to give that boy detention for the excitenent the Third Year was telling his classmates.
As soon as I dismissed the class I held him back abd told him that those curses are Unforgiveable for a reason. Its everyones greatest fears to be subjected to one of them.

The student turned red and I released him. I cant fault the boy for having a sheltered upbringing can I? I was interested in the curses when I was a student too.

My thoughts all turned to my son and his friend Neville. If the rumors are right, then Harry and Neville wont be ok after Moodys first class. Im happy though they wont have his class till Friday. But I still needed to prepare my son.

*

"Harry?" I asked poking my head into his room later that evening.  No one was there, and I couldnt help but be disappointed. If I wanted to talk to my son, I'd have to wait.

Even though I wanted to warn him as soon as possible, drawing attention could be the last thing Harry wants.

After my latest class with Harry, I tried to signal him, but he was surrounded by his friends, I didnt want to embarrass him. I growled softly to myself. I only had today and tomorrow to warn him. Moodys class is Harrys first period.

When dinner let out, I finally got an oppertunity. "Potter!" I called to him in the corridor.

"Professor?" Harry turndd and smiled when he saw me. He looked around a moment, then said in a lower tone, "Mum?"

I nodded once, but had to wait as a random Hufflepuff passed by.  "I need to speak with you about something." I said firmly.

Just then Ron and Hermione came up. "Come on Harry! Lets go!" Ron said at once.

My boy hesitated. "Um... Professor?" He looked at me pleading.

"Potter, this cant wait." I replied in the same voice.

"We'll see you in the common room." Hermione stated pulling Ron away.

"Mum? What is it?" Harry asked in a shaky voice.

"Shh nothing is wrong...at least not yet." I mumbled and then lapsed into silence as I brought Harry to my office. After I put up the privacy wards, did I turn to face my son.

He looked at me apprehensively. "Mum? You are worrying me. If I did something wrong..."

I sighed shortly, "You didnt."

"What? Then why is it urgent?" Harry asked clearly annoyed.

I sighed deeply, "Friday is your first class with Moody. He's likely to show you the Unforgiveable Curses. Including the one that killed your parents."