Healing

Sequel to Maternal Love

I came back to the boys bed. "Harry, you are in bad shape, but Madam Pomfrey here will take care of you. Shes going to put you to sleep so she can address all of your injuries."

"Ok. When will I be allowed to leave?"

"That depends on Poppy. Dont worry, everything will be fine." I leaned over pressing a kiss to his scarred forehead.

Harrys green eyes looked worried. "Ok, Minnie."

"Ill be right here when yoy wake up. I promise." I put my hand over his. I pulled up a chair while Poppy administered the Dreamless Sleep Potion.

"I need a book, be right back." I announced.

"Minerva."

"Excuse me Severus."

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home." He raised a dark eyebrow.

"I had unfinished business here. Excuse me." I stated.

*

I sat in the chair behind the curtians while Poppy murmered healing spells under her breath.

It had been 3 hours according to the hospitals clock. Poppy hasn't said a word to me since. 

I began to pace worriedly. "Minerva, could you please calm down? Harry will be fine."

"Poppy, that is Harry Potter."

Poppy gasped dramatically. "No."

"Yes." I replied. "Please fix him up, then I can take him to his new home."

"Ok, hes almost done. One last scan, then you can wake him up." Poppy smiled.

"Harry? Its time to wake up now." I whispered shaking him gently.

Harrys eyes fluttered, and  slowly he began to wake up. He groaned, "oh boy. Im feeling...better somehow."

"Happy to hear that, Mr. Potter, now...you are free to go. Minerva, make sure to give this salve to Harrys new guardians. They need to apply it twice a day; once in morning and night on his back." Poppy held out the tube.

"Of course. Thank you." I smiled taking the boys hand.

We walked back out to Hogsmead. "Remember how I got you here?" I asked

Harry nodded.

"I need you to hold on just as tightly as you did then, ok?" I smiled.

Harry nodded.

I twisted away, dragging the 9 year old with me.

*

"Where am I?" Harry asked looking around the grand foyer

"My home, McGonagall Castle. Now follow me." I gave the boy a tour explaining each room. Near the end I showed the boy his.

It was a nice spacious room with a four poster bed, a nice dresser, a large desk and two tall bookshelves generously filled.

"Um...I have a question."

"Yes, Harry?"

"Why did you wait so long to get me?"

"I thought you were safer with your relatives, but I was wrong." I replied.
"Now my rules; no lying or omitting anything from me. Do your best in school, no taking uneeded risks and to be yourself. If any of these rules are broken, light cleaning, extra reading or no dessert will be your punishment." I continued.

Harrys green eyes widened, "thats it?"

I smiled, "it is. Now, why dont you try to occupy yourself? I need to contact a friend about your lessons."

"Homeschooling?" Harry asked

"Yes, until your 11, but I'll explain that later." I smiled.

When I returned, I had lunch prepared and went to fetch Harry. I found him staring at a photograph Lily and James.

"Minnie, who are these two?"

"Your parents." I replied. 

"Did they die in a car crash?" Harry asked.

"Who told you that?" My anger rising.

"Aunt Petunia. She said my father was driving drunk. Its how I got this." Harry showed me his lightning bolt scar.

I took a deep breath, "she lied. Your parents were killed by a bad man. Did you wonder how I was able to stop your uncle?"

"Yes, but my uncle says to never ask questions." Harry replied

"You arent with him anymore Harry. I used magic and when you turn 11, is when you will attend Hogwarts where you will learn too. Im a teacher there." I smiled.

"Wicked! What do you teach?"

"Basically I take objects and turn them into other objects." I smiled.

"Cool."

*

Far too soon for my liking, I had to return to Hogwarts. "Harry, its time to go." I called.

"Coming Minnie." Harry replied.

Wgen we arrived in my office, I showed the boy my classroom.and his bedroom where he'll be staying. I then proceeded to tell him my rules at Hogwarts.

Do not under any circumstances call me Minnie when others are around but to address me as Professor McGonagall. And not to tell anyone that Im his guardian now. Hes not allowed in any classrooms during these times of day, I gave him a piece of paper that had the slots of each class. The library is open, but to remain outside the Restricted Section. He may stay in his room and if he must go out, find someone to accompany him.

"I can do that, Minnie." Harry replied.

"I dont want you to think Im ashamed of you. But...you are very famous with what happened with your family. I hope you are ok with keeping us a secret." I stated.

"Its fine." Harry replied to my relief.

"Thanks, maybe after you turn 17, we can tell people." I smiled.

"Its ok, I have a secret guardian." Harry smiled.

I knew then, we would get along just fine.