Blood Ties

AU: Minerva raises Harry since he was a baby

"Mum!" Harry called early one summer morning.

"Yes?" I came into the dinning room and was surprised to find Harry looking upset. "What is it?" I was worried that he was feeling phantom pains from the Cruciatus curse. It had been only 2 weeks since school let out, and I had a feeling what Harry had was more emotional.

"You never told me Lily had a sister."

"Harry, who told you that?" I asked at once.

"Sirius." Harry replied.

"Listen Harry, Petunia is the worst kind of Muggle out there. The day we lost Lily and James, I watched them in my cat form. Trust me, you are better off without them." I said reaasuringly.

"I want to know for myself." Harry replied.

I sighed, "I will arrange it, but I strongly advise you not to."

"Mum, they're my family." Harry protested.

"Petunia never considered Lily family after she left for Hogwarts. Its like Petunia disowned her younger sister and has hated any mention of her. I insist on joining you. Your uncle is one big intimidating man." I explained.

"I have an uncle?" Harry perked up.

I sighed again and summoned a still photo. "That is them."

"Why is it still Mum?"

"Its a Muggle photo, Harry." I replied.
"Maybe when you meet them, you will then know why you didnt before."

*

"No! Cedric!" I heard Harry shout later that night.

I sighed, not again. Every so often, Harry would have bone chilling nightmares that would reduce the bravest man to tears.

I came into my sons room and dove into his dream. He was held hostage by a statue, forced to remember that he was the reason an innocent boy had died.

"Harry." I said.

The Harry in the statue looked up at me. "Mum?"

I nodded, "this is your guilt torturing you. Please, you are safe and the only one who blames you for Cedric, is you."

Suddenly the scene around us changed to a sunny medow. I smiled and left Harrys mind.

To my relief, Harry had calmed down. I settled into a chair near his bed. Harry nedds me more than I need sleep.

When the sun came through the next morning, Harry was wide awake. "Good morning." I smiled

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"You had a nightmare about Cedric." I stated causing the teen to blush.

"Sorry, Mum."

"Shush, theres no need to apologize " i replied. "Next time, Ill wake you and give a Dreamless Sleep Potion."

"Thats a good idea." Harry smiled.

"In three days time is when you will meet your relatives. I have to ask, are you sure about this?" I wondered.

"Mum!" Harry groaned. "I am."

"Ok. Breakfast in 5. If yiu want, you can visit Ron for the day." I smiled.

"Thanks."

*

Hand in hand, Harry and I approched #4 Privet Drive. I rang the doorbell then turned to my son. "Remember no matter what happens you are still amazing. You hear?" I asked

"Uh, sure Mum."

A thin woman answered the door. "Yes?"

"Go on Harry." I urged.

"Hello Ma'am, Im Harry your nephew and Lily Potters son."

"Hello boy, and you are?" Petunia reguarded me close.

"A teacher from Hogwarts." I replied

"Oh, your the bitch who stole Lilyvaway." Petunia sneered

"Petunia, who is that?" A man yelled

"No one Vernon." Petunia made to close the door, but a fat boy stopped her by running outside. "Dudley, no!"

"Hello, Im Harry." My son extened his hamd.

"Big D." The boy answred.

Vernon came to the door. "Who the hell are you?"

"My sisters good for nothing son." Petunia scoffed. "And his equally pushy teacher."

"GET OUT, NOW!" Vernon bellowed.

"With pleasure." I drawled dragging Harry away.

Once the door was shut did Harry allow himself to feel sad. "Thats not fair!"

"I know." I hugged him tightly. "Thats why I never told you."

"Can we leave?"

"Of course." We were about to twist away, when the air turned cold. Uh Oh, dementors.

"Harry, lets leave."

"No! What about my cousin?" My boy protested.

"You are so amazing. Come on." I smiled leading Harry away.

Then we saw them, the dementors. I looked around to be sure no ones around. "Stay close Harry."

I took hold of his hand then silently summoned Tabby to attack the dementors.

"Time to go home." I apperated us home.

"Mum, why did Petunia act that way?"

"She wanted to be one of us." I explained.

"What?! But shes a Muggle! Lily Evens was a Muggle born like Hermione right?" Harry asked.

"Right. But Petunia hated that Lily was leaving, Severus told me he discovered a letter in Petunias room begging Albus to take her on." I shrugged.

"No!" Harry gasped.

"Yes, and thats all Im going to say. Petunia became bitter and refuses to memtion Lily. Now you see why I never mentioned her." I explained.

"Family is more than blood. Family can be chosen." Harru smiled.

"So true."