The Boggart Part 1

Harry waited with anticipation for Professor Lupin to start the class. He watched in concern when the wardrobe at the front of the room rattled.

"Hello everyone!" Lupin greeted.

The class gave him strained smiles though, their worries on the rattling wardrobe. "No worries  there's only a boggart in there."

At once Harry turned very scared. His whole class will discover his deepest secret! How weak and scared he really is. He glanced around relieved to see he wasn't the only one terrified.

Lupin explained that boggarts show a person their greatest fear. He had Neville demonstrate  when the boggart came out, its Bellatrix Ledtrange.

Before Bellatrix could utter a word, Neville changed her black dress into a clown outfit. The whole class errupted into laughter.

"Make a line!" Lupin called.

Harry opted to the very back of the line. Thanks to his mum, he already knew his boggart. He only hoped his wont be shown. He watched as Rons fear of spiders came forth, a mummy appeared, a banshee, a werewolf, dead family members. At last, its Harrys turn.

Harry felt beyond nervous. The last time his fear was shown, he had to tell his mum why he was afraid of Uncle Vernon. Harry refused to approch the boggart. He'd rather there be rumors him being a coward than of him being abused.

"Harry?" Lupin asked.

Harry shook his head, "I cant do it, Professor, Im sorry."

Lupin sighed seeing the apprehension on the boys face. Lupin stepped forward and drove it back into the wardrobe. "Sorry! Class dismissed!"

The whole class grumbled in reply. Harry got his stuff, but stiffened when, "hold back a moment Harry."

"Is it ok if I ask you a personal question?" Lupin asked 

"Depends on what you want to know." Harry replied.

"Do you know what your boggart is?"

Harry shifted, "Im late for Transfiguration, Professor."

"I see. Thank you." Lupin dismissed Harry.

*

I held in a sigh when Harry arrived late to my class. I lectured about Animagi and I even transformed into my cat form, Tabby. Everyone clapped, except for Harry.

I hid my disappointment, but watched Harry closely. His spells were off, and they never are. Something must have happened in defense. I vow to find out.

When I dismissed everyone, I saw Harry send me worried looks. Later, dear boy.

"Professor Lupin, may I speak with you a moment?" I asked when I came to the defense room. 

"Sure Minerva. Everyone work on the spell. I'll be back." Remus announced.

"Im a tad worried about Potter. Did something happen earlier?" I asked.

"I had his class face a boggart." Remus answered.

"Did-did Potter face it?"

Remus shook his head, "he refused."

"Thats natural." I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Nothing Remus. But I'd like to speak with you tonight say 6pm? My office?" I offered.