Graduation

"Would it be ok if I mentioned you in my speech?" Harry looked at me nervously.

"Harry, your the Head Boy, your speech is all your own. I dont mind. But Molly might be disappointed. You know you're like a son to her." I smiled slightly.

Harry groaned, "how did you write your speech Mum?"

"I thought of all the oppertunities out there for everyone to experience." I shrugged.

"Uh...ok then." Harry replied returning to his parchment.

It was several minutes before I looked up from grading my papers to seeing Harry looking disturbed.

"Is something troubling you?" I asked.

"No Mum. I just have to work this out myself." Harry replied. He took his speech into his roon and shut the door.

*

Harrys POV

"Hermione I need your help." Harry said after class one day.

Hermione set down her book. The pair were in the library during a free period. "With what?"

"My Head Boy speech. Theres a teacher I want to thank, but Im having a hard time finding the words to say how I feel. Mind you the whole school will know, hell the whole world will. Im Harry famous Potter " Harry rolled his eyes.

"Who is this teacher?" Hermione asked.

"Id rather not say. Id like to keep it secret till graduation." Harry blushed.

"Ok. Just think of all that teacher has done for you. Did they believe in you when you couldnt? Did they help you up when you were beaten down? Harry, this feels like me. It needs to sound like you." Hermione sighed.

"I came to you because Im not good with emotions. I cant ask Ron. He still has the emotional range of a teaspoon according to you." Harry raised an eyebrow.

Hermione laughed and after being shushed tried to smother her laughter. "Very true. Ok, reflect and speak from the heart. Ill write what you say. Close your eyes a minute and think of all that teacher has done for you."

Harry did as he was told, and the memories started flooding into his mind. His mother eescuing him at 11, reassuring him time and time again that hes wanted, accepting him truely as is his Parceltongue and all.

"Ok Hermione, Im ready." After Harry said how he felt, he too what Hermione wrote and began to leave.

"Cant you give me a hint which teacher this is?"

Harry shook his head. "You'll know when its time."

*

"There you are! I was about to issue you a detention." I laughed lightly when my son returned.

"Mum are you ok if I reveal our bond at graduation?" Harry asked nervously.

I smiled, "like I said before. Its your speevh Harry. Put in what you want. Anyway everyone will want to hear Potters famous graduation speech."

Harry blushed, "Mum!" 

"My job raising you is almost over. Now our relationship will be more mature as you go out on your own." I explained.

"Very true."

"I want to have at least one meal with you a week. If for any reason you cant meet up, tell me. If not I will go to your job and hunt you down. Just because Im a tabny cat does not mean I dont have claws." I smirked.

"Yes Mum, I hear you."

*

Harrys POV

Harry groaned and crossed out what he had just written. "Come on, graduation is three days away. I have to come up with something!" Harry growled.

"Potter..." A cold voice stated from a portrait.

Harry turned to find Snapes black eyes staring at him. "Hello Snape."

"Whats wrong?"

"Why do you care? Sorry sir. Old habits die hard." Harry blushed.

"No need to apologize." Snape waved dissmissively. "I gave you enough reasons to loathe me."

Harry sighed, "Im trying to write my speech and find a good way to thank Mum."

"Read me what you have." Snape replied.

Once Harry was done, Snape looked satisfied, "does Minerva know what you're up to?"

"I asked her and she said she was fine with everyone knowing about us. I just feel like this barely covers what I want to say about her." Harry blushed.

"You will find the words Potter, trust me." Snape replied.

"Thats reassuring...i think." Harry cocked his head.

*

Being Headmistress of the first graduating class is exciting, let alone my son to be in this class.

"Settle down everyone." I announced. Its time for the Head Boy speech. Mr. Potter, if you will."

"Thank you Headmistress. This is only the beginning as we go out into the world. We all have our ways to make a lasting impact. I want to thank all my teachers here for helping me, my godfather Sirius and Remus for their support." Harry paused then took a deep breath.

"There is one very special person in this room I want to thank. This person saw potential in me the moment I arrived through these doors. At first, I didnt think I had belonged here. But with this persons love and support I began to grow into my abilities. I found my talent in potions and transfiguration like my mother and father." Harry grinned.

"I began to feel loved and cherished. This person taught me that I mattered. And for that I will always be greatful. Her job is almost done as I walk across this stage, you may have thought I have no parents, but thats a lie. Someone took me in at 11 and shaped me into who I am today. Words cant express my grattitude to this person. So Headmistress, please step forward." Harry winked at me. But my face burned red.

"I owe all my sucess to you. From the Sorcerers Stone, Chaber of Secrets, Peter, the Triwizard Tournament, The Departme lnt of Mysteries, witnessing Dumbledores murder to my horcrux hunt. You were there all along to guide and support me. I couldnt have asked foa a better mother." Harry kissed my cheek.

Everyone gasped as one.

A traitous tear fell down my face. "You were one adventerous son, but I loved every minute of it."