Surprise Guardian

I had been watching one student closely all year; Harry Potter. Though skinny and scrawny, hes actually a modest boy. Unlike James who demanded constant attention.

It was the morning the students were supposed to head home, but I sensed Harry wasnt happy to be returning.

My mind flashed to the contract I had signed with James and Lily Potter. Would they be disappointed in me that I didnt retrieve their son immediately?

Poor Alice deemed insane at St Mungos and Sirius, forever imprisoned in Askaban. I knew I had to stop Harry from leaving or I might end up seeibg the boy in worse shape next fall.

"Albus, I need to speak with you quickly!" I turned on my heel and left the Great Hall.

"Minerva, are you claiming Harry today? Is that what you wanted to tell me?" A single eyebrow went up.

"How did you..." I sputtered.

"Know the Potters had you sign the guardianship papers? They told me. Im more than ok with it, Ive had a room set up for the lad whenever you wanted to take action." The old man smiled.

"I-you disgust me." I huffed and marched out of the room. I had to find Harry at once.

I made my way quickly to Gryffindor Tower and went in. "Where is Potter?" I demanded.

I saw Hermione look worried and Ronald was frozen along with the rest of the common room. "I have to talk to him, now please. Its urgent." I huffed impatiently.

Ronald bumbled up the stairs and I could hear arguing. Rolling my eyes, I walked up to the dormitory. The students parted out of my way, which Im glad for.

I knocked on the door and the voices fell silent. "Mr. Weasley, please come out. I require a private conversation with Mr. Potter."

Ron emerged looking scared. "I tried mate."

As soon as Ronald was gone, I braced myself. I let myself in.

"Potter?" I asked timidly.

"Here Professor." Harry replied flatly.
The boy had his back to me and his head down. I swished my wand enacting privacy wards.

"Mr. Potter, lets get one thing straight. You are not in trouble." I stated.

"Im not?" Harry turned around to look me in the eye.

"No. Im here for a uh...personal matter." I began.

Harrys eyes widened, but he remained silent.

"Im going to ask you two questions. And I want you to be totally honest with me." I stated firmly.

"I promise Professor."

"Why dont you want to return home?"

At that Harrys eyes flew to the floor. "Im..."

"Please speak up."

"Im bloody terrified." Harry stated and his voice shook.

I never felt more idiodic than i do now. "Harry, Im so sorry."

"What?! Why are you sorry?" Harry scoffed.

"Would you like to live somewhere else than with your aunt and uncle?"

"Amywhere." Came the immediate answer.

I smiled, "Harry, please look at me."

The boy slowly lifted his head so he could see me eye to eye. "Are you going to do something about it?" Once again, Harrys voice shook.

"Yes, I am. Harry, would you like to live with me? Im your legal guardian actually, but third in line." I stated quickly.

"Wait? I could live with you?!" A smile spread across his face.

"Yes, you will never return to Surry." I grinned.

"How did that happen? WIth third in line?" Harry looked up at me confused.

"Long story. But, Ill explain later. Now, I have a few rules; one you cant tell anyone that Im your guardian. Its to keep us both safe, understand?" I asked at once.

"I like having a secret guardian." Harry replied.

"Look, we need to get you on the train." I stated.

"But..."

"This is so nothing is amiss. I will be there at Kings Cross on the Muggle side. Dont worry, you'll find me." I winked then shrank his trunk to be pocket sized.

"Thanks."

"Remember Potter, not a word." I repeated.

"Promise."

*

Harrys POV

"There you are! I was afraid you'd miss the train!" Hermione sighed in relief when Harry appeared.

"I would never, Hermione." Harry smiled.

"What changed your tune about going home?" Ron asked.

"McGonagall gave me some good advice is all." Harry answered.

The trio of friends chatyed away as the train ride continued on.

When it was time to get off, Harrys nerves returned tenfold. Shoukd he believe his teacher?

Harry watched as his friends greeted their families. He said a brief hello to the Weasleys before heading to the Muggle side.

He saw his aunt and Uncle there, but no sign of McGonagall. "Ive been disappointed before." He sighed.

*

"Where do you think you are going Potter?" I asked slightly amused.

Harry turned and gaped at me. I was dressed in shorts and a tank top. My hair though remained in its bun. "You came!"

"Of course. Now, time for some fun." I smiled taking his hand as we marched up to the Dursleys.

"Come on boy, get going!" Vernon ordered.

"Mr. Potter will no longer be living with you. He is under my care from now on." I smiled.

"Boy!" Petunia growled.

I brought out my wand, causing both Muggles to shrink and took out a roll of parchment. "See? Thats my name and your sisters Petunia. Im sorry you wasted a trip here. Good day."

We left the Muggles sputtering and I glanced at Harry.

"Bloody brilliant Professor." He grinned.

"Thank you. But please when we're alone call me...Minnie." I smiled.

"Ok."

"We'll be staying at Hogwarts for a week before we return to my home." I explained before tightening my grip on his hand.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked nervously.

"Going to return us to the castle, but we need....ah here." I lead him to the bathrooms then repeated. "Hold on tightly." Then I appereated away.

I heard retching as soon as we landed.
"Sorry Harry. I meant to warn you, it'll make you sick."

"Thats ok, Minnie." Harry groaned.

"Welcome to summer, Harry. Now, about those rules...."