Savior

"Minerva." Albus stated when I came into his office.

"Did you need to speak with me about cleaning up the castle?" I asked confused.

"No. I got word from Arabella Figg about young Mr. Harry Potter." Albus began.

I raised an eyebrow. "And this concerns me why?"

"You are the only guardian left for Harry. I thought foolishly that he'd be happier if his life wasnt in danger. Death Eaters wanted him and I thought hiding him in a Muggle neighborhood hed be safer. Hes not and I am so sorry." Albus stated.

I released a deep breath, "you did what you thought was best. Dont blame yourself too harshly. I may need to bring Harry back here if he has bad injuries."

"Thank you Minerva." 

*

I waited in a low profile watching number 4. I needed to wait till the family left. At long last they did. With a simple swish of my wand, I let myself in.

I heard sniffles coming from under the stairs.

"Harry?" I asked opening the door. What greeted my eyes was heartbreaking. A 10 year old boy with matted hair lying on a dirty tiny matress. I could barely recognise him until he looked up at me, Lilys emerald green orbs shone through.

The boy in question whimpered and curled up onto himself. "Please...dont hurt me!" He begged.

"I am here to take you away. You are coming with me. I am your legal guardian, and you will never need to return here." I replied.

Harrys green eyes widened. "Really?" He looked so hopeful.

"Yes, now take my hand and hold on tight." I reassured him.

After 5 minutes of silence Harry deemed me trustworthy which Im glad for. After we clasped hands, i brought him to the grounds of Hogwarts. 

"After I get you fixed up, you are coming to your new home." I smiled at him.

While Poppy patched him up, I sent a patronus ro Arabella to call the authorities on the Dursley family. I plan on suing them and locking them behind bars.

I came back into the ward and smiled seeing the once bruised boy looking a bit better. "Poppy can I get the list of maladies please?"

Poppy handed it to me and my eyes widened. It was over 2 feet long. I internally cursed those wretched Muggles.

"Thank you, send me word when he can be discharged." I cleared my throat.

"Sure thing, Minerva. Will you be taking Harry to his new home?" Poppy asked.

"Uh...yes." I smiled. Whos business is it to know about my personal affairs?

I left to notify the authories. "Yes, I am his teacher and I had to remove him from his home." I told a local constable.

"Ok. We will investigate, thank you Miss-" the pplice asked.

"McGonagall, and you can contact me at this address." I took a pen and scribbled a Muggle PO box near my home.

"Will do Miss." The man replied.

I disapperated and appeared on the castle grounds. As Deputy, Albus added my blood to the wards. Only he and me can apperate straight in.

"Minerva, hes awke and can be discharged." Poppys silver bear announced.

I made my way to the ward to find Harry looking a bit worried. "Ready to leave?"

Harry nodded eagerly but I boticed he seemed wary for some reason. Though I know exactly what happened to him, Harry isnt aware.

"Poppy, mind if I use your floo?"

"All yours, Minerva." Poppy replied.

As soon as she left, I activated it, and brought up my home, my castle. "Step through, and I'll see you soon."

Harry stepped through. I met him in the floo room of my house. "What-what should I call you?"

"Minnie." I smiled thinking of the affectionate name James called me. I never wanted him to know, but I loved it.

"Ok."

"Everything here will be different from where you came." I began. This caused Harrys eyes to widen in surprise. "Yes. Think of all the rules you knew growing up, and not follow them."

Harry shot me a shy look. "What do you do, Minnie?"

"I am a teacher at Hogwarts the place we just left." I replied.

"What do you teach?"

"Do you believe in magic?"

Harrys eyes lit up. "Magic exists?!"

"Yes. In a years time, you will get a wand loke mine and be taught to do amazing things." I explained.

"Wow. What are the subjects at Howarts?"

"Transfiguration, thats my department, Charms, Potions, Flying and Defense Against the Dark Arts." I replied.

"Potions sound similar to science. Minnie? Do you think I'll be any good at this magic stuff?" Harry looked at me, worry in his eyes.

I smiled, "If it would make you feel better, I have all of the textbooks you will ever need. Why dont you read them and see if you can understand their meaning? If so, I know you will shine. If not, I will hire a tutor for you."

"Deal Minnie." Harry smiled.

"Now its time to eat." I glanced at Harrys wide eyed expression.

When we came i to the dining room, the table was filled with food. "Dig in Harry."

Harry only ate a small amount. I summoned a vial and said, "drink it. That should increase your appetite."

Harry looked at me cautiously but did as he was told. "Can I learn how to make that?"

"Of course you can. Thats potions. My friend is an expert in it. He can teach you the basics." I repled.

"Nice thanks Minnie."

*

"Wow, Harry you have nothing to worry about. After my assessment you will do great at Hogwarts." I smiled.

"Thats reassuring, the Dursleys always punished me when I did better than my cousin." Harry blushed.

"Being smart is nothing to be punished for." I stated.

"I  know." Harry blushed.

"What subject do you like the most?" I asked curiously.

"Potions and Transfiguration."

I smiled, "Just like your parents. Very nice."