Secret Lovers Part 4

"Do you mean innocent lives?" I asked at once.

"Students here to be precise."

I released a short breath, "I dont know if i can love him now. It does not excuse all that he did."

"Of course it doesnt. I know it hurts...."

"How can you sit here saying you want Harry to win the war, then tell the one man he hates the most where he is?!" I hissed.

"You know his loyalties now lie, and the burden hes taken to protect everyone." Albus stated.

I shook my head, "you still should have let me in. But I understand. I am unsure if I could ever forgive Severus for this."

"Forgiveness is the secret to peace." Albus replied.

In response, I fled from the room. My quest for answers only stirred up more questions.

*

I had just finished my class for the day when a silver orb came to me.

Working has helped me push my complicated love for Severus far away. I feel bad for my students that we are surrounded by fear and hoplessness. But speaking out is mere suicide, so I try to protect the students to the best of my ability.

"Come to my office." A deep voice came from the orb.

I raised an eyebrow, Severus hasnt spoken to me alone since his confession in the forest. That alone was 4 months ago.

Ive barely heard from my son or Sirius. Their last message was being at Malfoy Manor and Hermione getting tortured.

I came to the staircase and gave the password. As I came upnto the office, I felt a whirlwind of emotions; anger being a prominant one. Annoyance, frustratuion, fear and a tiny bit of lust.

"Headmaster?" I announced.

"Minerva." Severus stated in a flat voice. He held up a hand and I paused where I was. He whipped out his wand and aimed it at me. I stiffened slightly but dared not to give away the fear I was feeling.

I watched Severus' wand movements and realized what he was up to. I raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Is that necessary?"

Severus refused to answer for another few minutes. "Yes Minerva. I got word that your precious Potter will be coming here soon."

My jaw dropped; I thought he was staying safe! "Why should I listen to  you? I still have a hard time believing you since we were alone together." My tone remained firm.

Severus sighed, as his mask fell. Curiosity rose in me sering his hard rock emotionless expression fall away to how tired he truely looks. "Minerva." His voice sounded so small and scared. "I am in too deep. I cant get out of this. If I leave the Dark Lord will find and kill me. I cant leave these innocent students to the wrath of the Carrows. I know none of my old teachers respect me after what Ive done.  That you still see a cunning snake who played with your emotions of love you burried so long ago. I want you to look into my mind, and see that my love for you has always been true and genuine."

"You are willingly letting me in?" My jaw dropped in surprise.

"You mean so much to me, Minerva. Its time you see and know everything." Severus released a heavy breath.