Post- Dementor Attack

"Can I help you?" Vernon asked.

Silently I brought out my wand. "I am here to take Harry Potter away." I brought out the signed parchment of guardianship.

"Hes upstairs. You have 5 minutes to take him from my sight." Dursley growled.

"My pleasure." I mounted the stairs and came to Harrys room.

"Rubbish." Vernon spat.

"Its actually water tight. Now if you will excuse me..." I pushed past him and made my way upstairs.

I heard sniffles and suddenly a wave of apprehension came through me. Will Potter want to live with me? "Shake it off." I scolded myself. "Potter?" I knocked on his door.

I heard shuffling and I was greeted with Harrys surprised expression. "Professor? What are you doing here?"

"Im here to take you away. The dementor attack convinced me that you need better security. And thats with me. Grab your things and we'll be off." I replied briskly.

Harry stared at me in disbelief, but gestured to the trunk at the foot of his bed. "Thats everything, Professor."

I waved my wand, his trunk vanished. "Wheres your owl?"

"Hunting."

"Ill summon her once we are out of here. Come on." I held out my hand and waited for Harry.

"Wow thanks Professor!"

"Thank you Dursleys, you will never see Mr. Potter again." I lead Harry out the door. "Grip my hand tightly, Potter."

Once we were in the privacy of my house; Lions Den, did I tell Harry everything.

"Harry, Id like to first apologize to you." I paused.

"For what?" Harry asked.

"You were told that there were only two people tasked as your guardians. That was a lie. I am your third. The only reason I didnt claim you yet is I thought, you were better off and safer with your Muggle realtives. I know now thats not true." I sighed deeply.

"You are my guardian?!" Harry asked in disbelief.

I summoned the parchment for guardianship of the Potters son. "Thats your mothers signature, and thats your fathers."

"Wow, is all I have to say." Harry stated.

"Look Im sorry it took so long. You must feel so weird about this." I stated.

"No...well a little. But anywhere is better than that Muggle hell hole." Harry admitted.

"Come on, I need to show you your room." I smiled at him.

Harrys eyes widened in surprise. "I get my own room?"

"Of course. I know this will be different, living with your teacher. As such you cant tell anyone Im your guardian and I cant show you any favoritism." I explained.

"No I understand Professor..."

"Minnie, call me Minnie when we're at home or are alone. Professor is too formal." I inturrupted.

"Ok Minnie." Harry smiled.

"You are allowed to eat as much food as you want. If you ever feel sick, I must know immediately. You are only expected to keep your room tidy. Unless you break my rules. No risking your life and feel free to ask me any questions." I led him upstairs to the East wing where the owners live. "This is your room. We can paint the walls any color you want." I opened the door to reveal his bedroom. Its a spacious room with a four poster bed, walk in closet and his own bathroom.

"Minnie, you dont need to paint it anything. Its perfect." Harry inturrupted.

"Harry, I want you to feel at home here." I said firmly.

"Id like light blue."

Waving my wand, the walls changed to light blue. "Is this shade ok?"

Harry nodded.

"Also I have a ward up so underage magic cant be traced. Feel free to practice, but I must be overseeing any new spells." I explained.

"Ok Minnie."

"I expect you to put in at least 1 hour of study time a day. Tomorrow we'll go to Flourish and Blotts to get you any extra study materials." I explained.

"How did you know that I love school, Minnie?"

"I have a way of sensing potential." I shrugged in reply. "A slacker wouldnt learn a NEWT spell two years before its taught."

"Do you mean the patronus spell?" Harry asked.

"Yes."

*

Everything seemed to be going good until I was about to go to bed. I heard yelling and crying from Harry. As far as anyone knew, there were no reports of nightmares.

I barged into Harrys room and proceeded to wake him. "Harry, Harry!" I growled.

"No let it drown!" Harry yelled, the fear evident in his voice.

A wave of sympathy crashed through me, he has to be seeing Voldemorts rise to power!

I sighed and hit Harry with a steady stream of water. "Wake up Harry!" I called.

Harry yelled and his eyes snapped open. "Minnie, why am I wet?"

"You were having a nightmare." I explained and to this Harry blushed bright red. "Its no problem, I will get you a Dreamless Sleep Potion. Tomorrow, I want to teach you how to clear your mind and build your mindscape. That way you can go there whenever you want."

"Thanks Minnie."

"Now to sleep. We will talk more in the morning." I reassured him.

Harry nodded and laid took his potion. Moments after, Harrys eyes began to close. Waving my wand, I dried him and his sheets.

Once he was in a deep sleep, did I return to my bed. Transforming into Tabby always reassured me a deeper sleep.

Morning came fast, I stretched as Tabby and morphed into my human form. I checked in on Harry whos still fast asleep. That potion garentees the drinker to be asleep at least 9 hours.

"Where am I?" I heard Harry ask about an hour later.

I came to his room and then it hit him. "Hello Harry."

"Minnie." Harry smiled.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" I surveyed him closely.

Harry shuddered, "I was back to that place."

I avoided asking where that place is. It's obvious Harry dreads it. "You won't ever have to return there, I promise."

Harry shot me a small smile. "Thanks, so can you teach me?"

"Of course. Now close your eyes and meditate, think of a place you know well and love to store your memories." I explained.

"Ok, I have just the place."

"Now organize your memories. Thats the part that takes the longest. No need to master it now." I replied.

"Thanks Minnie."