Death of Our Leader

"Harry, where are you going?" I asked when I saw him leaving Gryffindor Tower.

"Mum! I uh...Professor Dumbledore has requested my help with a little...project. I need to report to his office now." Harry replied quickly.

"Then by all means go. But I want you in your room by midnight." I called.

"Byr Professor, thanks!" Harry ran off.

Not ten minutes later, I find Harry walking to the tower again. "Harry?"

"Cant talk Mum!" He disappeared into the tower.

When he emerged, "now, where are you going?"

"Mum, please trust me. I will be with Dumbledore." Harry replied and I knew with a sinking feeling, that Albus was going to makrme my son grow up once again.

I sighed, "just be careful." I looked around before kissing his cheek.

*

"What is going on?" I slurred coming out of my private office. I saw Death Eaters and duels happening. I sprang into action.

I went to wake Severus at once. "Minerva, what do I owe this displeasure?"

"Hogwarts is being attacked by Death Eaters, come on!" I demanded.

Severus released a long sigh before following me. The Order came to help, DA was the group patrolling everywhere, and thank Merlin they were.

But as the night wore on, I became only worried for my son. He hasnt returned yet, and our people began falling.

At one point, an unjnown Death Eater came to make some kind of barrier to the Astronomy Tower. When Remus tried to walk through it, he was thrown back.

I knew what was needed to pass, so I thought the Dark Mark spell, and I was allowed through. I disilluminated myself and waited.

Not ten minutes later, I see Albus and Harry appear on brooms.

"Go wake Severus, Harry. Dont talk to anyone else!" Albus demanded.

Harry hesitated, but my boss gave him no option. Just as Harry was about to leave, the footsteps froze, and Albus' wand went flying off the Astronomy Tower.

Oh no, this is it! I knew what was to happen. Draco woulfnt be able to kill. In fact, Albus and the boy chatted about what side to be on until Greyback and Bellatrix along with one other Death Eater appeared.

Thats when Severus appeaered and I heard Albus plead with Severus not in the way Harry may think.

Then Severus did it. He killed our boss. As soon as the Death Eaters fled, I waved my wand to reveal Harry.

"Do not go after them!" I demanded.

"Mum, what are you doing here?!" He asked bewildered.

"That doesnt matter now, but Im taking you to my office. Come on, Potter." I put a firm grip on his shoulders and steered him away.

Harry sighed and responded to my tight grip. "Yes, Mum. Who else has died? Malfoy he stepped over a body."

"Bill Weasley, he was only attacked by Greyback. He'll survive, but will never look the same again." My voice shook slightly.

I took him to the Heads office. I saw Albus' portrait had joined the ranks of all the previously deceased heads. "I need to know, what did Albus hsve you do tonight?"

"I cant tell you, Mum."

"Harry this might be important."

"And it is, but I cant tell you. Mum, Im not returning next year. Dumbledore left me a job to do. I intend to get it done." Harry replied.

"Are you going alone?"

Harry shook his head. "Hermione and Ron are accompanying me. This is the only way to permenantly stop the war."

I sighed, "My motherly instincts are to stop you, but I trust my boss. Your friends have proven themselves more than capable time and time again. I only request you use the button if needed and our cottage as your safe house."

Harry nodded. "I may use #12. Sirius gave it to me last summer, he never wanted to return. And it is secure since Sirius entrusted me as Seceet-Keeper."

"Brilliant. Are you setting off now?"

Harry shook his head. "Not until after my 17th and the Weasley wedding."

"Very true."

*

It was later on, I heard the trio agrre to their trip.

"Promise me, you wont tell your mum Ron." Harry stated firmly.

"Hell no! She'll go all mental, after the wedding I'll tell her Im staying with you a few datmys and we will be off. Then Hermione or you can send her a patronus reassuring her, we're ok." Ron replied.

Hermione nodded, "I have my parents memories to modify. Now, is Sirius going to join us?"

"You bet. After being seporated most of my life, of course he'd join." Harry smiled

I grew worried, what was my son up to? There had to be something I could do to help. Then came an idea; another picture in Harrys scrapbook I made for him. Its filled with Lily and James when Harry was a baby, but none of us and him.

I set to work preparing the extra pages. I summoned the scrapbook and added the pages. However, I disilluniated our pictures and wrote my son a note of encouragememt.

"Harry, we arent returning to McGonagall Castle or the cottage. I thought you'd want to remain here until the wedding." I stated at dinner. The students had already left.

"Thanks Mum." Harry smiled.