Moonlit Adventure

"Professor, Professor!" A voice called out desperately.

I looked up from my desk and waved my hand, allowing my son into the room.

Harry came in with Ron and Hermione by his side. "You need to see this, please!"

I remained silent as Harry showed me a piece of parchment. "What is this?"

"A map of the castle. My dad and Professsor Lupin made it." Harry explained quickly. He unfolded it and pointed to a name.  "He is here! I need your help." Harry looked into my eyes pleadingly.

"Are you sure this map is accurate, Potter?" I asked briskly.

Harry nodded quickly. "You can ask Professor Lupin yourself. But we don't have time! Pettigrew will escape tonight!"

"And how do you know that?"

"Professor- nevermind how I know! We have to do something!" Harry bristled.

"Yes I will. Go back to the Tower, all three of you. And Potter..." I handed Harry back the map. "We'll keep this a secret, yes?"

"Thanks Professor!" Harry then ran off with his two friends. Now, if my assumptions are correct, Pettigrew will be going towards the Whomping Willow.

I swore under my breath. I went off to the tree and froze the branches. Then I slipped into the tunnel that leads to the Shrieking Shack and waited as a cat in the shadows.

A few moments later, a small rat came running into the room. I could tell that rats an Animagus and had to be Pettigrew. Without hesitating, I picked up the rat in the middle of its body in my teeth and clamped down hard.

Seconds later, a gigantic black dog came in growling at me. I knew this dog is also an Animagus. The dog looked at me, then he sniffed me. To my surprise, the dog wagged at me and nudged my jaw affectionately.

The dog left my side and transformed into Sirius. "Professor, please hand over the rat."

I refused to listen, and took off with him instead to my office. As expected Sirius followed. We came out onto the grounds where I saw Remus heading our way. I skidded to a halt and remembered tonight is the full moon.

I had to get back inside. Thanks to my cat form, Mrs. Norris has shown me several secret passages into the castle that only a cat like me can fit into.

I took one of them straight to my office and dropped the rat into a box I had already charmed.

I turned back into my human form and watched in satisfaction as the rat recoiled slightly. "Its time you paid for your crimes."

I was about to go to bed when a silver orb came to me.

"Potters outside!"

I knew at once my boy is trying to find Sirius to kill him and I had to stop Harry from making a mistake!

After making sure the traitor is secured, I came outside again to see Harry tackle Sirius to the ground. He pointed his wand at Sirius.

"Potter, get off Sirius...now!" I shouted.

Harry turned to face me and Sirius flipped Harry off of him using his hips.

"Oh Harry, Im sorry. I'm so sorry." Sirius stated before turning into the black dog.

Harry gasped and retreated, "Its you, your the Grim! And you are here to kill me!"

Sirius as the dog shook his head and whined.

"Potter, Sirius didnt betray your parents. Peter Pettigrew did, contrary to popular belief." I called out.

I saw Sirius cock his head in confusion. "Nevermimd how I know! 

Sirius barked and wagged his tail. He then  ran into the forest.

Harry ran after him. Suddenly I heard a wolf howling.

"Harry, we need to get inside, now!" I urged.

"Mum, I cant let my parents' murder go free!" Harry growled.

"You haven't! But it's dangerous out here Harry! That's a werewolf howling, please!" I pleaded.

Harry ran off towards the forest. Silently I stunned him and brought my son to my office.

While there I composed a letter to Amelia Bones about who really betrayed the Potters. I know that by letting the truth come to light, Harry may choose Sirius over me.

"Whatever happens will happen. I will be prepared for anything." I vowed.

When Harry awoke, I told him the story, but he still refused to believe me. Until the next morning when Sirius Blacks release made the front page.

"Professor?" Harry knocked on my office door early that morning.

"Yes, Harry?"

"As much as I'd like to know Sirius, I like my life with you. Is it ok if I stay with you?" Harry asked obviously nervous.

"You are more than welcome to stay with me, Potter. You are my son, and I want you happy." I smiled giving him a rare hug.

"Now, to tell Sirius."

"Lets tell him together." I summoned my cat and sent it to the forest.

*

"Professor, you wanted to see me?" Sirius looked nervous and so did Harry.

"I know you'd like for Harry to live with you." I began.

"Yes! James would have wanted it." Sorius stated.

"The Potters will had another person on their list for Harrys guardian. That's me." I smirked.

"Y-you?!" Sirius sputtered.

"Yes. If you'd like, you can stay with Harryand me for a while and get to know the boy better."

"I will, thanks Minerva."

"Now, tell me how you knew about Pettigrew." I turned to Harry.

Harry sighed, "Mum, I know you sont respect Divination, but Professor Trelwany made a real prediction. She said Voldemorts most loyal follower would break free to rejoin his master. Her voice was low and raspy. When she awoke, she couldn't remember making the prediction."

I sighed, "ok, I believe you, Harry."

Thanks Mum."

"I will never get used to that." Sirius shuddered slightly.