A New Ally

In Harrys third year....

"Remus, may I speak with you a moment?" I asked as the man was getting ready to leave the Great Hall.

"Of course, what is it?"

"Pettigrew, I heard rumors that hes been near the area."  I replied.

"Yes?"

"I need your help. Pettigrew is likely to arrive here soon. You knew James better than me, so you are the best person to protect Harry. Besides Harrys adventures-um...previous adventures took place at night." I explained.

"Of course, as long as its not a full moon." Remus replied.

*

I was at my desk grading papers when frantic knocking sounded. Using my hand, the door opened. "Something wrong?"

I heard geavy breathing, "Harry and friends....with....Pettigrew!!"

My head snapoed up to take in Remus' figure. "Merlin! You look terrible!"

"Minerva, its my dreaded time of the month!" Remus growled.

"Understood, how did you know about Harry?" I asked.

"I dont have time! Moonrise is in 15 minutes! I need to lock myself in. They are heading to the Shrieking Shack. You have to be....Tabby to stop the Whomping Willow." Remus explained.

"I havent forgotten. Go lock yourself up, and take it easy." I stated.

"Thanks!"

I made my way towards the Whomping Willow. At the base I turned into my cat form and slithered towards the entrance.

Using my nose, I zeroed in on Harrys sent and followed it up. When I got there, the door was closed. Using my claws, I broke fown the barrier.

Comimg into the room, I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione joined by a black dog holding a rat in its mouth.

By looking at the rat, I sensed it wasnt an ordinary one. I came up to the dog afraid he'd growel at me.

Instead, he wagged his tail as if he knew me? I looked up at Harry who made eye contact with me.

"Its Sirius, Professor." Harry stated flatly. I thought Harry meant the dog in front of us was named Sirius.

I transformed back into a human and reached a hand to the dog.. "Be a good boy and drop the rat. Or else, Ill put a good muzzle on you."

Sirius apparently whined in reply and dropped the rat into my hands. As soon as the dog did that, he morphed back into a human. "Minnie, thats Peter Pettigrew!"

I scoffed, "how is that possible? How did-? What?!"

"James, Peter and I all became unregistered Animagi when we turned 15 to help Remus with his transformations." Sirius explained.

I raised an eyebrow, "you two were always the brilliant ones. So Pettigrew here turned into a rat?"

"Yes. I can prove it. If we force him to be human, there will be no escape for him." Sirius answered.

"What is he doing?!" Ron exclaimed.

I waved my wand to silence the boy. As Sirius made the small rat turn into a fat bald man.

"Peter." Sirius spat causing the dishevled man to cringe.

Without hesitating, I conjured cuffs. "You are wanted by the Ministry for the murder of the Potters and 12 innocent Muggles."

The fat man began bawling like an overgrown baby. "I didnt mean to betray them!" He whined. His beady eyes searched the room and landed on Harry.

In desperation, he flung himself at my sons feet and began groveling. "Harry! You look so much like your father but with your mothers eyes! Please dont let them do this!"

"Looks are the only thing I have left of my parents, thanks to you!" Harry glared at the man.

"Sirius send a message to the Ministry- Amelia that is. Afterwards please escort Mr. Potter and his friends to their common room. I have to be sure the prisoner wont escape." I jabbed my wand at Peter.

"Come on you three." Sirius snapped his fingers and pointed his wand to the exit.

Harry along with his friends turned to leave, "Hes finally facing justice!" 

When I had secured Pettigrew inside a well protected bubble no human or animal could escape, I went to check in on Remus.

On my way there, a silver dog blocked my path and spoke in Sirius' voice, "Ministry is on their way. Nice job Minnie. Im with Remus, in the Shack."

I couldnt help but smile, so I returned to Pettigrews made up prison. About 5 minutes later, Amelia arrived.

"Minerva?"

"Amelia! Hes right here." I stepped aside to show the fat and bald Peter Pettigrew.

"Impressive Minerva." Amelia smiled.

"I cant take all the credit, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black helped. They told me Peter is an unregistered Animagus. Thats how he kept escaping." I explained.

"Noo!" Pettigrew sobbed.

"There is no honor amongst snitches." Amelia glared at the prisoner.

"I agree. He should watch his back." I shook my head.

"Id like to thank Sirius and Remus myself. Where are they?" Amelia asked.

"They are busy right now. But Ill pass along the message." I replied.

"Thank you. See you tomorrow night?" Amelia winked.

"Sure thing."

*

"I wanted to thank you Remus. Without you, Pettigrew would have escaped again." I said the next afternoon. We were seated in his office, the man was packing up.

"Anything to keep Harry safe." Remus smiled.

"How in Merlin did you know where Harry was last night?" I asked.

Remus sighed looking even more worn out. He pulled out a piece of rectangular parchment. "James, Sirius, Pettigrew and I made this...I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." He tapped the tip of his wand to the parchment and immediately words sprang forward.

"A map of Hogwarts?" My eyes widened.

"Yes. According to Harry, the Weasley twins gave it to him unknowing that he is the son of a creator here." Remus answered.

"Thats convient. I will need a copy of this map of yours. I will return the orriginal to Harry, but to keep a better eye on him, I will need the copy." I explained.

"Fair enough." Remus waved his wand as two copies appeared.