Sorcerers Stone

Terror, thats the only emotion I felt when I found out my son had stupidly went for the Sorcerers Stone.

I quickly made my way to the forbidden third floor and got through all the defenses. I was alarmed to find Hermione and Ron unconscious in my defense room.

"Miss Granger? Is he ok?"

Hermione nodded. "Only knocked out. Harry went ahead Professor."

I felt like fainting at that news. I was torn, as a teacher I needed to take the duo to safety, but as a mother, I needed to be sure my son remains safe.

Harry has proven several times over he can handle himself. Besides I doubt hed forgive me or himself of anything happened to his friends.

"Come along, take my hand and take Mr. Weasleys. Hold on tight." Im thanking Merlin Dumbledore lifted apperation from this part of the castle to the hospital wing.

I heard the brunette groan, "Im going to be sick!" Hermione yelled.

A bucket came soaring out. "Minerva, what happened?"

"Take care of my cubs Poppy!" I taouched her briefly before disapperating away.

I came to where Fluffy slept to find my boss carrying Harry, who looked dead.

"Albus!"

"Not now Minerva. Give the boy some space now." My boss demanded before leaving. As badly as I wanted to follow, I had to remain calm, for my sons sake.

I went to the hospital wing, but didnt dare enter.  I didnt want to break Poppys concentration if she doing complicated healing spells.

Harrys POV

Harry groaned, what happened?

"Oh finally hes awake!" A man said excitedly.

"Shush, the boys been through enough as it is." A woman snapped. "Harry, open your eyes when you can." The woman sounded so nice.

Harrys eyes opened to two people; a man with black hair and hazel eyes and a woman with red hair and his eyes. "Dad? Mum?" He felt weird asking that to Lily.

The woman only nodded, "we are sweetie. Now, dont feel bad, I couldnt be there for you. And Minerva has done an amazing job."

Harry only blushed.

"Any woman that can keep my ego deflated deserves to be near me" James joked.

"Is that why Im married to you, Potter?" Lily smirked.

"Maybe." James looked sheepish.

Harry cleared his throat looking a bit embrassed. The Potters rearranged their features. "Am I dead?" He was scared of leaving Minerva.

Lily shook her head. "We are only here to finally meet you."

"Thats a relief. Im glad to not be leaving Minnie. Though she will be furious with me." Harry replied.

"True, but shes only mad because she cares." Lily smiled.

*

I was worried, I wanted to be by Harrys bedside when be woke up, but I had classes to teach. Also, we agreed that no one should know our connection to the other.

I snuck off to the Hoapital Wing during my longer breaks. I was sad to see, there was no change.

Albus told me Quirrell was responsible; what had he done to my son? Harry remained unchanged, eyes closed and breathing.

Not much can make me panic, but when I found Harry and his two friends missing 3 nights ago after I did my roster, I tried hard not to freak out.

Harrys only 11, a young boy. He shouldnt need to protect the most coveted stone. I was furious when I found him at the area where the stone was the night before it all happened. Just like James, Harry refused to let it go.

On the fourth day, Albus appeared after all my classes. "What is going on?"

"Hes awake and asking for you." Albus answered.

Before he could finish, I had flown psst him and appeared in front of the hospital wing. I poked my head in, and saw Ron and Hermione chatting with him.

I smiled, he looked just fine. Poppy kicked his friends out ten minutes later.

"Professor, he cant have any more visitors." Poppy stated.

I sent her the most intense glare that she sighed and walked away. I smiled at my son. "Harry, thank Merlin you're ok!"

"I am Mum."

"Tell me everything." I demanded.

"I thought Snape was the one who caused my broom to go haywire, but it was Quirrell." Harry stated.

"Harry, you inherited prejudice against Severus. Your father, James hated him for no reason. I am begging you to please, rise above this. Ive been considering telling Severus about us." I stated causing Harrys jaw to drop.

"Mum, are you mental?!"

"No. Harry, your father tormemted Severus as a boy. You may not want to believe his words, but believe mine, he did. Severus is amazing at keeping secrets. Not only does the Headmaster trust Severus, I do to. Hes done a lot that I respect." I said firmly. Lime telling us Riddle wanted the Potters. I thought to myself.

"Rest now. When you are released, we'll retun home." I kissed his forehead.

*

"What do I owe this pleasure, Minerva?" Severus drawled.

"Harry Potter I'd like to talk about." I replied casting strong privacy wards. "I am going to tell you something that will sway your perspective on the boy."

"Do you need me to do the Unbreakable Vow? This seems very...uh serious." Severus observed.

"Yes." After the conditions were set, I brought out the document I signed that gave me guardianship of Harry Potter.

Severus looked down and gasped. "How long have you-"

"Since he was 6. His relatives treated him like you were treated." I shot back. "Im very sorry I didnt do anything to stop it. I had my suspicions of course. But if you stayed here in the summer as a student you would have gotten unwanted attention, and I know you didnt want Potter to know."

"Thank you, Minerva. But it is in the past now. Im sorry to have insulted Potter as much as I have. Now the death glares make sense. Ive been dealing with a secret mother all this time." Severus revealed a small smile.