Alex Marquez- Life's fun with you

All I've done all day so far is pace around the house and check my outfit in the mirror a million times, my reasoning is that me and Alex are going to be going on a date and I'm so excited and nervous. We have been out on a few official dates over the last few months but have hung out a lot more than that and I'm really starting to fall for him more than I have with anyone else in my life. That's the reason I'm so nervous about today because my brain keeps telling me that he's not in as deep as I am and if I give away how I feel about him he'll get scared and break things off which I really don't want. I quite often overthink situations like this and then I distance myself and things end up going the way I worried they would but for a completely different reason, so this time I'm trying my best to not do that and open myself up a little bit without it being too much which is hard because normally I'm not too good at that.

Just as promised Alex arrived at 12 and knocked on my door because no matter how many times I tell him to just come in when he knows I'll be in he just does it just incase I'm not ready or something. I got up and answered the door completely not expecting him to engulf me in a hug right away so I almost fell over but luckily he was right there to catch me but it meant we ended up with our faces inches away from each other as my eyes stared into his soft brown ones which only made me blush harder than I already was if that was even possible. Don't get me wrong we have kissed a few times before but I still get nervous every time hence why I was blushing like a fool but he either didn't notice or didn't want to bring it up as he just pulled me in closer to hold me tighter before allowing me to stand back up. We moved on right away and we went to get in his car together to go and get lunch before heading to where ever Alex was taking us.

"I forgot to tell you that you look beautiful today" he said as we sat down at the place see we're getting lunch

"Aww thank you you look great too" I replied

"No need to thank me I like complimenting you" he said

Alex is always doing things like that he truly just likes to compliment me whether it's on my outfit or something like my smile, every time I see him in person or we are on FaceTime together he finds a way to say something nice about me which is one of the many things that draw me to him. He likes me to feel good about myself and can tell when I'm not feeling my best and will always try and lift my mood which he usually is able to do even when I'm in a complete other country.

We had lunch and he insisted that he pay because he invited me out but I only let him on the condition that next time I get to pay which he was satisfied with. After we settled that we got back in his car and went about an hour out of town to the city where Alex made me close my eyes as we approached our destination which he still refused to even give me a hint about. I was a little skeptical about closing my eyes but he held my hand the whole time until he stopped the car and then he let me open my eyes. As soon as I opened them I saw he had taken me to the fair that had been set up for a few weeks that we saw an poster about when we were last out together, at the time I casually mentioned how I loved going to the fair with my family when I was young which he must have remembered and decided to bring me here. It has been many years since I've been to the fair and it looks very different but some things are still the same like the big Ferris wheel and the little arcade part which brought back so many nice memories but also made me excited to make some new ones here now that I'm older. 

As we went in they had the little photo spot that has been there for so long to the point that I still have pictures of me and my friends when we were young from that spot just seeing it brought me right back to that time and made me remember how much fun we used to have messing around on a weekend. Alex must have noticed the smile that came across my face as he pulled me towards the spot and pulled out his phone for us to take some pictures together, weirdly we don't actually have that many pictures together as when we are together we just focus on being with each other and forget about taking pictures so having some photos to look back at in the future will be nice. He pulled me close to his side and took a few pictures before he leant down and kissed my cheek which took me by surprise and in that exact moment he took a picture which I just know is going to be awful but also one of my favourites as its so authentic and holds more of a memory. When we went to look at the pictures we couldn't help but laugh at some of them as we are either laughing or they are just awful pictures.