Augusto Fernandez- Set up

Request for @wuuuu5

Wow what a season it has been. It has been a hard one for me as I am friends with so many of the riders that it was difficult to be able support them all at once when they are fighting with each other for the championship. That aside I'm still quite sad that its over as it means that I won't get to see as much of all of the guys as everyone has their own schedule so its hard for us all to get together which is what I love so much about the race weekends I go to. Before its all over though there is testing which usually I don't stay for but this year I had nothing else to do so thought I'd get a glimpse into what 2023 could be like.

When I came in I found Fabio right away and he dragged me off to his garage to see his new bike for next year which was cool but then as soon as we left Joan made me come and see his new Honda garage which led to me going to pretty much every garage to see the developments. It was fun to see what each team had brought to testing but at the same time I kind of just wanted to sit down and watch them all on track. Finally they stopped dragging me from garage to garage I got to just take a minute to myself which lasted all of two seconds when Fabio came back over to me to talk. We stood together and watched other people walk past until I saw someone I kind of recognised but not completely in the new gasgas team leathers. I am friends with so many of the motogp riders but I don't see much of the riders from other classes so I've not really seen this guy before.

"Who is that?" I asked Fabio

"Thats Augusto he's joining gasgas and he just won the moto2 title" he said

"Oh cool" I said

"Let me introduce you" he said dragging me away before I could object

Usually I wouldn't mind meeting someone new but something about Augusto made me nervous and I felt like I needed to prepare myself to be able to speak to him. Fabio dragged me over and started a conversation which gave me a little while to try and settle my nerves before I had to speak. There was absolutely no use in me trying to calm my nerves though as I only felt myself getting more anxious as I listened to Fabio speak and then introduce me in his usual way of making me seem like the best person to ever exist. Most of the time I find his introduction endearing as we have been friends for so long and I appreciate that he still values our friendship but today I wish he hadn't done that as I don't want Augusto to get the wrong image.

After my introduction I tried my best to talk to Augusto but I kept stumbling over my words and just generally not knowing what to say. The conversation was great but I kept embarrassing myself by saying or doing stupid things so I was really glad when it was over. Once Augusto walked away I went to go to the Yamaha garage with Fabio but he just stood still staring at me like I was an alien or something.

"What's up why aren't we going anywhere?" I asked

"You like Augusto don't you?" He questioned

"What no come on lets go" I said trying to change the subject

"Oh y/n I can read you like a book you never act like that around anyone you definitely like him" he said definitively

I just rolled my eyes at him and dragged him off towards his garage so he could get on with testing. In all honesty I did like Augusto I mean he's really cute and just from the short conversation we had I can tell that he's a really nice guy but I can't let anyone else find out that I like him. If I know one thing about my friends its that whenever I like a guy they go out of their way to get me to make a move. It has gotten so bad that I don't tell them when I like someone as the last time I mentioned a guy they all found his Instagram and messaged him to tell him how he should ask me out on a date which was just so embarrassing that I vowed never to let them do that again. The big problem with that is that all of them know me so well that they know exactly what I'm thinking at all times so I really have to try my best not to let them know how I feel.