36. Do Me, Baby

I gotta put my family before anything else. Lix Stone.

He was home.

What a colossal fuck up the last few days had been. Kicked his partner of twenty years out. The mother of his secret son was killed while he lay in bed with her. Their son missing. He did not lay one hand on her.

Yet, they arrested him soon as they came on site. He was covered in her blood. His bloody fingerprints were everywhere, even the weapon they found disposed of in the back of the house.

How did he not remember a thing?

Was he drugged?

Where was his son?

They were blaming him for that as well, saying he wanted to keep the relationship and his son a secret from his wife. If that was the case, why kill his mistress and stay in bed with her? Where was the baby?

The cops were fuck ups. He had people in the department, but even they could not help him. He stayed in jail for three days. That was three days away from his family.

Since he was not the killer, that meant the killer was still out there. And the next target could be one of them.

Rosaline was right there at his side, making his bail, not questioning anything that she heard. They left the courthouse, made it to her car, and he took the keys from her and drove her silver Tesla out of the lot. She had not said a word to him at all. That meant she was upset but she did not want to lose her temper.

What could he say?

He drove silently all the way to their house. He had to think of something to say to ease her pain. He was sure the fact that he had a mistress on the side was not the issue. She knew he slept with some of the employees. It was the baby.

When he pulled up to the house he saw that all his daughters' cars were there. That made him feel good, but he could not go inside till he and Rosaline fixed things.

"Rosie, I-"

"You didn't kill her...or the baby."

"My baby. He's my son."

She looked down at her long fingernails as if she wanted to ignore what he said.

"Rosie, I didn't tell you because I did not want to mess up what we have. I didn't mean for it to happen, things got carried away with me, and...Ms. Myst...Danica-"

"Have you ever slipped up with the other girls? Nut in them and make a hundred babies? Why her?"

"Danica is different...was different. I cared for her, I let my feelings get involved and it was more than sex with her." He quickly grabbed her hands. "But I love you more than anything, no woman will ever compete with my feelings for you."

She turned to look him square in the eyes. She did not blink, she did not stutter, and she was not intimidated by the fact that he admitted he had feelings for another woman.

"I believe you. I also think it was no accident that she had your child. Lix, she had your baby on purpose."

He could not deny when he first found out she was pregnant, he questioned if it was his. She was sure all her other gentleman friends wore condoms. Birth control, which she was on, was not foolproof. He knew he never wore a condom with her, so when she said it was his, he believed her.

Prince was his son. Now he was missing.

"I have to find my son. He doesn't deserve this, the police think I did something and they are looking for a body."

"He's not dead," Rosaline said. "We both know who did this and who has him. He is trying to get to our family." She nodded toward the house. "And that was the best he could do."