48. Sexxx Dreams

Catch me if they can. Roberto Stone

It took twenty minutes for them to get back dressed, put their toys away and pretend as if they were not having sex on the counter.

"I'll get the door," Kesha said, straightening her locs. She proceeded to put things away around the counter, the blindfold, all the rope he had undone from her. "Probably some assholes complaining about the new sex store in the neighborhood."

He never liked cops. They took two of his brothers away and harassed the family often. The ones not on Alixandre's payroll. He knew they did everything correctly getting the store set up as far as licenses and documents. But it was still a sex store mixed in with other businesses like a shoe store, a clothing boutique, and an antique store all on the same block. It was prime real estate, also located where a few conservatives would complain about tainting the sanctity of family life.

He knew their business was clean and approved by the city. So if residents did not like it, they could ignore they were there. If dealing with police harassment was going to be part of running the business, maybe he needed to pay them off as his brother did.

Or they could be there for him.

"Hello officers, what can I help you with?" Kesha asked soon as she opened the door for plainclothes-dressed officers.

There were two of them. A big burly, white officer, older, with light hair and light-colored eyes, he could tell he was in charge. He looked out of shape and old, ready to retire soon. The other was a short, smaller Black guy, about his age give or take. Nice-looking, dark-skinned brother looked the opposite of his partner. They stepped inside, and the younger officer could not take his eyes off Kesha, and he understood the feeling.

"Ma'am, I'm Detective O'Brien and this is..."

"I'm Marcus..." the younger one stopped himself, "I mean, Detective Washington."

The man was basically salivating over Kesha. His eyes had not blinked since he laid eyes on her.

He walked over to her and put his arm around Kesha's waist.

"What can we do for you, detectives?"

"Is this your store, sir?" Detective O'Brien asked as he looked around at all their items on display. He did not seem intimidated by all the wild things he saw. He probably low-key wanted to come back and shop there.

"It's mine," Kesha smiled when she said it, oblivious to the leers of the horny detective.

O'Brien looked down at the tablet in his hand. "Are you Roberto Stone? We have you listed as the owner."

"Silent partner. My girlfriend Kesha runs it."

"Okay, sir, we have a few questions for you if you don't mind. Is there somewhere we can talk privately?"

"Anything you have to ask you can ask in front of Kesha. What is this about?"

O'Brien looked to Detective Washington.

"It's about any involvement you may have in your brother's businesses, his entities, his...activities."

He nodded. "Um, really not involved. When he started his business, I was still a kid." He knew what they were after, so he went for it. "I have my own IT company, and I have worked on their systems there."

"You're a hacker," Detective Washington said.

"No, that's not exactly what I do. I build companies' network systems and add firewalls to make sure it's secure. I also can peek undetected into networks if needed. Nothing illegal."