Prologue

THREE YEARS LATER

THREE YEARS LATER...

LOCATION: Fisherman's Boat Yard

TIME AND DATE: 3:25 AM, March 21st, 2021

The rain poured down from the sky as lightning and thunder cracked in the mid-March night.

"Hey boss, we found something." Ross, one of the boat workers for the Gulf of Mexico waters, called as people began pulling a boat in. The boat came to a stop, reaching as far as it could go, and other members started walking towards it. Ross and a few of the other workers lowered a metal safe.

It was large. Large enough to hide something as big as a body.

Ross's boss, Nate, walked to the equipment table and grabbed a crowbar. "We found it dangling on some rocks underwater. The submarine caught sight of it." Another worker, John, explained to him.

"Do you think something's inside?" Ross asked. The worker working the machine that lowered the safe lowered it into a lying position. A lock kept the door shut.

"This thing looks big enough to hide a body." Ross's brother, Jacob, stated as the workers began surrounding the safe. Nate walked to the large piece of metal and started slamming the crowbar into the lock. When it snapped unlocked, he took the now broken lock off. The workers stepped closer, eager to see inside. Nate opened the door and they all looked inside. "Holy crap." Jacob muttered, all of them staring wide-eyed.

"There really is a body in there." Ross stated.

"She looks like she's been down there for years." Nate said.

"How? Her body would've eroded." A different worker spoke.

Another worker, who was minding his own business, walked past the table to go to the stairs when a nail that was sticking out scratched his hand, drawing blood. The man hissed, grabbing his bleeding hand.

No one paid any mind to him.

The girl's hand twitched ever so slightly, but no one noticed. The worker continued to bleed, the blood dripping to the floor.

All noises seemed to fade out, except the blood dripping. An earthquake shook through the entire warehouse, making the workers grab onto the safe. The worker who was cut quickly found a bandaid, wrapping his hand. The girl's eyes snapped open as she took in a large gasp, filling her lungs with air.

Everyone jumped back, startled. When they composed themselves, they slowly looked back inside. Only, this time, it was empty.

"What the hell?" Nate muttered. The workers heard a yell and they spun around, backs to the safe.

"Where's Tommy?" Ross asked.

"Gone." A female voice spoke. The sound of her bare feet hitting the wet, concrete floor echoed. She walked out of the shadows and they shined their flashlights at her. She wiped her mouth, where red had dripped down her chin.

"Who are you?" Nate asked.

She let out a small laugh. "Where are my manners?" She asked. She raised a hand to her chest. "My name is Evelyn." She introduced herself. "Some of you may know me from the Mikaelson family." She stated. They glanced at each other, confused, as the name had died out. "And I am quite famished." She smiled as she looked between the men.

"We can...uh...get-get you food?" Ross suggested, stammering.

"Eh, you guys look fulfilling enough." She said. They all glanced at each other. They didn't know what to do.

Then, she attacked. She fed, and murdered, all of the men in the warehouse. She walked to the entrance, toward the land of New Orleans, as she wiped her mouth. "Refreshing." She whispered to herself. She stopped at the sight of rain. She sighed. "More water. Great." She muttered.

Then, she disappeared from sight, into her home city of New Orleans.

Evelyn Grace Mikaelson had returned, and she was vengeful.