41. | Banshee

Parsolona isn't even in Louisiana

It's in Laurel, Delaware. But there's a problem. I do not know what the house looks like, meaning I have no way of getting there.

"This is great. Absolutely great." I pace the electric room.

Elena spins in her chair to face me. "Would you relax? We'll figure it out."

"We don't have time!" I throw my arms out in exasperation. "Lilly's already suspicious of what I'm doing, so is Killian, and I'm short on time."

Elena sighs, shaking her head to herself and turning away. "I'll do it." Me and Elena turn to Angel. "I can take Evelyn to the house and help her with Adelaide and Quinn. It'd be faster."

"Okay. That'll work." Elena says.

I remember Esme's words. There are creatures there. Ones you've never seen before. I can't tell them. What if she was lying? She's not exactly trustworthy. She could've just been saying those things to frighten me.

Elena stands up. "You'll need light. The place is practically falling apart and you don't want to use magic because if they have a radar, they can pick it up."

"But I need to use my magic to get them out."

She shrugs, walking to one side of the room. "You'll only be able to do it then." She presses a specific spot on the wall and it opens up.

"Really?" She turns to me. "What is it with you and hiding things in the wall?"

"What is it with you and your obsession with knives?" She remarks. I glare as she turns back and grabs a flashlight. She walks to me and holds it out to me. "This should last you until you jump through the portal." I reach for it, but she pulls it back before I can. "Break this, and I'll kill you."

I smile sarcastically. "I'd like to see you try." She holds it back out, and I take it.

"Why do you go at night anyway? I mean, you're afraid of the dark." I glare at her. She just shrugs.

I sigh. "I may be afraid, but at night, I can hide in the shadows. It's easier." I say before spinning around to Angel.

She inclines her head, her arms crossed. "You ready?" I nod, and she grabs my arm.

***

I let out a yelp as I fall to the sidewalk, Angel steady on her feet. I stand up, brushing the dirt off my pants. I glare at her. "Don't worry. Kenji did the same thing." She waves a hand and walks forward, pushing the metal gate open. It creaks as I look up at the house.

The walls are eroding, moss and mold and vines covering every inch of the house. Looking around, I notice it's in an abandoned neighborhood. All the houses look the same.

Eroded. Mossy. Old. Abandoned.

There are brick steps with large white columns leading up to a roof, a balcony in the middle. It looks like it used to be a beautiful house.