53. | The Calm Before the Storm

I creak open the bedroom door, sneaking inside

I creak open the bedroom door, sneaking inside. I tiptoe across the floor in my socks, just an oversized shirt and shorts underneath. I've tried my clothes, but I just sleep better in his.

I sneak up to Ari's bed, smiling as I shake her lightly. She rubs at her eyes. "Morning, sweetheart." I whisper. She grins at me. "Guess who came last night? Santa!" I exclaim.

It took a bit of convincing, but if she's going to have a childhood, you gotta start at Santa. It took both me and Lilly to come up with a story to get her to believe. Her mother was a conniving little bitch, if I do say so myself.

"Chrima!" She squeals, her s's almost silent.

"Come on!" I smile, picking her up from her princess bed. She picked it herself. I settle her on my hip, then press a finger to my lips. "Let's wake Lilly and make pancakes." I whisper.

"Choccy." She bobs her head.

I giggle. "Yes, choccy." I shush her and push open her door. We creep up to her bed, careful not to make any noises. I set her down on Ari's bed as Lilly sleeps, her hair a mess on her head. "Ready?" I whisper, and she nods. "Now."

"Wake-y, wake-y!" Ari squeals, jumping on her.

"Come on, Lilly. Let's go make pancakes before the boys get up." I shake her, bugging her.

She groans, "Nooo. Let me sleep." She flips her head away from me.

"It's Christmas. You can't sleep in on Christmas." I state. "Later, we can go to the park and build snowmen." I whisper to her.

"Mm. Fine." She grunts, then she climbs out of bed. I carry Ari downstairs after her and we begin to work on the pancakes. We play Christmas music on the Alexa speaker, dancing around to it. Ari's tried to go to the living room multiple times, but I've stopped her, saying, "Not until after breakfast." to which she just pouted at.

Then she started dancing in her spot on the island. Lilly made the batter, I flipped the pancakes. We were happy.

As we set the plates piled on with pancakes on the table, the boys come down the steps. "Morning." They all say groggily.

"Morning." I saunter to the tree, pecking Killian on the cheek as I pass. I watch, from my peripheral, as he points between me and the spot I just was, confused. Peyton stands beside him, his hand to his lips as if to stifle his snickering. I pick Ari up, carrying her away from the presents. "Come on. Let's eat some breakfast first." I mutter to her.

I set her in her highchair that we bought a little while back and set a plate of food down in front of her. "Choccy!"

I chuckle. "Yeah, choccy." I sit down in the chair beside her and place a pancake on a plate as Killian and Peyton sit down. Lilly sits at one end of the table, Xander in front of me with Nikolai beside him. Killian is in the seat beside me, Peyton beside him, and across from Lilly is Ari's highchair.