56. | Arizona

It feels as though it's been years

It feels as though it's been years. I no longer know of how many sunrises or how many sunsets have happened.

They bring bigger rations of food, of blood. Just to where they can know if they can let me out again.

They don't, of course, but I can walk again. I can pace.

So I do.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Is Lilly hurt? Is she getting the punishment I got? Is Ari okay?

Sometimes I can't sleep. Sometimes all I can do is sleep. I am trapped, imprisoned, and I want to be free. I want my magic.

"It's your fault." A young voice speaks. I freeze in the middle of the room, a blonde little girl standing in a white dress in front of the door, but she looks as if she's been drowned.

"You did this." Another. I spin around. A teenage girl, similar to me, glares at me in casual clothing – jeans and a tank top, sneakers on her feet. She, too, looks as if she's drowned.

"You killed us." The girls circle me, the little girl speaking.

"You're going to kill yourself, too." I try to follow them, but they move quickly.

"You're a killer."

"You belong here."

My breathing hitches. I press my hands to my head as I attempt to follow them, but they move too quickly for me to watch them both.

"Monster."

"Beast."

"Murderer."

"You failed one simple task."

"Failure."

"You'll never get out. Just like I didn't." I realize now that the teenage girl is me. From when I drowned in that car accident. It was when I was seventeen. I drove my car off the lake because my brake line was cut, but I couldn't unbuckle and I was trapped. I activated my vampire side from it.

But what about the little girl?

She looks around eight or nine, but I never drowned as a kid. At least not that I remember.

"You'll die here. Along with the rest of them."

"No!" I yell. I growl as the lights start to flicker, my fingers digging in my hair. I let out a scream as the lights burst from their spots, leaving the room in darkness. Glass clatters to the ground.

The door bursts open and I drop my hands, watching as they fly back. Basic telekinesis.

I run out of the room, but my escape is short-lived, a syringe being injected into my bloodstream. My eyes roll back, my mouth dropping open, as the effect hits me hard. I collaspe to the floor and I'm unconscious once more.

 I collaspe to the floor and I'm unconscious once more