30. | The Truth Always Reveals Itself

Killian's called me to his office

He's given no details, no information. Just a man with an order.

Before he knocked, I looked at my picture frame. I have many pictures, but this one is one of my favorites. My fingers glided across the frame, remembering the moments before everything went to hell.

It's a picture with Quinn and Adelaide kissing in the back, Levi rolling his eyes with Natalie's arm wrapped around his neck, bending his head down toward her level, and Oliver grabbing my waist as I take the photo.

I remember all the fun we'd have. The times at the park, the movie marathons. We all planned on going to college and sharing a home on campus, but we never got that chance.

We all looked happy.

I hid the frame the moment he knocked on my door, opening it. "Boss wants you in his office." The guard orders.

I roll my eyes, but I push myself to my feet. I amble to the door, dreading this meet. He shoves me out the door, making me glare at him. "Touch me again, and I'll rip out your throat."

He chuckles. "You're just a girl." He states. "You can't do anything."

"And you're sexist." I smile sarcastically. "Noted."

"Let's go, little girl." He says, grabbing my arm. "Run along before I have to drag you to him myself." I rip my arm free, grabbing his neck and pinning him to the wall. He stares in shock as I hiss, showing my vampire teeth. His shock soon turns into fear. My teeth dig into his neck as he winces in pain.

I pull away, sighing in content at the taste of his blood. "It's been too long since I've fed." I use my finger to wipe up the blood on my mouth, licking it off the pad of my middle finger.

I walk down the hall, beginning my trek to Killian's office. I hear yelling coming from inside, and I can't help but eavesdrop.

"Oh, don't you dare pull that card on me!" Lillian yells. "We told you to drop it. To leave it alone. But you didn't listen. You never do!"

"I listen."

She shouts, "You do not! Because if you did, I wouldn't have had to put her to sleep with magic I don't even know how to control!"

"I've told her numerous times not to leave without protection, and she ran out as if we were keeping her prisoner!" Killian argues.

"Of course, she did! You treat her as one, you moronic—"

"Language."

"You tell her to do things, you command her and treat her like she's a slave and expect her to listen! But each time, you fail, because she has morals. She's already under a lot of stress because of some stupid wedding you decided to have just to get your stupid title from Nik!" She shouts, ignoring Killian's every word.