76. | Baby

I lean back against the bathroom wall, wiping my mouth as I enjoy the cool temperature of the wall

I lean back against the bathroom wall, wiping my mouth as I enjoy the cool temperature of the wall. "Come on, Evelyn." Ollie knocks on the door. "You've been throwing up all morning."

"I'm fine."

"I'll believe it when I see it." One of the things I've always hated about Ollie: he's overbearing.

He falls silent, and I think he's left until I see the lock turn, then he's strolling in. "Oliver! There's this thing called privacy!" I exclaim, standing up.

"Like you know what that is." He retorts, and I glare. "You're not going to hole yourself in here."

I cross my arms. "I'm fine. Just nauseous." I shrug.

He steps toward me, but I step back. "Evelyn." There's a warning in his voice.

"Oliver." I mock. He reaches for me, but I'm behind him within seconds. He spins around, glaring. "Sorry." I shrug, throwing my arms up.

I step backward. "Evelyn, don't you dare." I spin and run to the door, slamming it shut, but he stops it. I struggle to keep him from getting out.

I grunt as he manages to open the door. "Screw you and your freakish strongness." I scowl.

"That doesn't even make sense!" He complains.

"It does to me!" I run to the door and out into the hallway.

I hear him chase after me. "Evelyn!" His feet pound down the steps. "Let me check your temperature."

"No! I said I'm fine!" I run into the dining room.

"I'm calling bull!" He yells, chasing me around the dining table. I run into the living room – stupid decision on my part. "Evelyn!"

I grunt as he tackles me onto the couch. I hide my face, using my arms. "I'm fine!" My voice comes out muffled.

"If you're fine, then let me check." He argues.

"Why?!" I practically whine.

His mouth is right next to my ear. "So I can know if my wife is sick or not."

"I'm a vampire! I can't get sick!" I exclaim.

"Then why are you throwing up?"

"I probably ate something." I tell, still facing the couch.

I feel his weight adjust before it's gone, but I don't move. "Fine. If you won't let me check, I'll block all of your access to Supernatural."

I jump up, glaring at him. "You wouldn't."

"I would." He nods. "And there'd be no cuddling."

"You can't take away my cuddle time!"

"Watch me." He taunts.

I scowl at him. Cuddling is my favorite part of the day. Do I really want to give it up? I sag against the couch. "Fine."

Oliver starts to walk away as Angel walks into the living room. "Where are you going?"