44. | Delirious and Drunk

Music plays as we enter the casino, tables surrounding the outskirts of the room

Music plays as we enter the casino, tables surrounding the outskirts of the room. There's a ring in the middle of the room, the walls chained with a pair of stairs leading up into it.

Men and women are everywhere, standing around. Chatter is everywhere, some conversations in English, others a different language.

I look at Killian. "I'm going to get a drink." I walk off without another word. There's a single table covered in food and drinks. I grab a wine glass and pick up a bottle of whiskey, pouring it. I put the bottle back and sip from my newly filled glass.

I hear someone walk up beside me. "You know the alcohol is for VIP's, right?"

I twist my head in his direction, a man with dirty blonde hair standing beside me. "I really don't care." I shake my head, sipping from my glass and staring at him from the corner of my eye.

He chuckles. "I like your attitude." He says, his accent popping. "Are you new around here?"

"Visiting."

"Ah." He nods. He steps closer to me, reaching over me to grab a snack. He glances at me and I give him a death stare. "How long you stayin' for, bellissima?" He stands up straight, and I inch away from him slightly.

"Two days." I respond curtly.

"So, will you be free tomorrow afternoon?"

My fist clenches, my death stare never dissipating. He doesn't seem to notice, or care. I drink from my glass, my eyes never leaving him. I clench and unfist my hands over and over, itching to punch him in his smug, Italian face.

An arm wraps around my shoulders. "Hey, babe." I turn my head to Killian, whose right hand intertwines with mine, unclenching it. "Sorry I took so long. You know how people get." He chuckles. I hum, sipping from my glass. He turns to the man. "Excuse my manners. I'm Killian." He holds his hand out.

"Alessandro." He shakes his hand with a forced smile. "You two are together?"

"Married, actually." I throw my head back, swallowing the liquid.

I grab the bottle and refill the glass as a server walks over to the table. "Signorina, è solo per gli ospiti VIP."

I scrunch my face in annoyance. "Piss off."

Killian reaches into his pocket and hands the server his card. "Basta aggiungerlo alla mia carta." I give Killian a weird look as he smiles curtly at the man.

"You're buying the bottle?" Alessandro asks, shocked.

The server walks away with the card as Killian shrugs. "She gets what she wants."

"But if you always do that, she'll become spoiled." He chuckles nervously.

I squint at him. "What does that say about you, Alessandro?" He looks at me confused. "If you've been given everything on a silver platter, what does that say about you?" I raise a brow.