71. | Happy

"I forgive you

"I forgive you." He whispered.

He forgave me. After what I had done, he forgave me.

Now, here I lay, beside him in his bed. In the house he used to escape everything. He looks peaceful when he sleeps. When the sun shines at the perfect angle, which is right now, he looks almost as if he's glowing.

A curl falls on his forehead and I want nothing more than to wipe it away. But I don't. Because he may forgive me, but that doesn't mean he wants what we had.

So I stick to watching. I watch him sleep, studying the features that I fell in love with. But I can't help but notice how familiar they seem. Like I've already studied them a thousand times before.

But I push it away. Because that's not possible.

He isn't Ollie. And he never will be.

"Take a picture; it'll last longer." I startle at his voice, husky and deep and attractive. His chuckle seems to kickstart my heart.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to know you've been watching me." He still hasn't opened his eyes. And all I want to do is look into his honey brown eyes again.

"More like studying." I remark.

His eyes peel open. "Studying, huh?" He smirks.

"Yep." I pop the 'p'. I feel his eyes burn into my skin as he looks around my face. He takes his time in doing so. My brows furrow. "What are you doing?"

"Studying." A smile spreads on my lips and I stuff my face in the pillow. "Hey, don't hide from me." His fingers run through my hair as he cups the side of my face, turning my face so he can see me. Heat runs to my cheeks, and I imagine I look like a tomato.

He smiles at me. "What?"

"You're so pretty when you blush. When you smile." The heat grows. I cover my face with my hands as he laughs. "It feels intimate."

I peek at him through my fingers. "How?"

"Well, you're so mean and broody all the time—"

I slap his arm. "I am not broody!"

"You totally are." He laughs. Glaring, I sit up slightly and start whacking at him. He laughs the whole time until he grabs my wrists and pulls me down, so I'm eyelevel with him. He smiles, but there's some sort of heat in his eyes. He presses a kiss to my nose, making my eyelids flutter.

I find my eyes falling to his lips. The lips that have pressed against mine. The lips that have touched my skin, burning the feel into my head.

His smile fades and I look back up at him to see a heat that is so strong, it sends warmth to my core. His hand cups the back of my neck, pulling me down, and then his lips are on mine. I relish in the feel of him, of his warmth that I've missed far too much.