60. | A Ruler Risen from the Ashes

Killian burst through the door, running to the end of the hall where he knew she'd be, except she wasn't

Killian burst through the door, running to the end of the hall where he knew she'd be, except she wasn't. Michael's body sat limp in the chair, dead, his brain melted.

"Shit." Killian cursed when he didn't see her and ran back the way he had come, taking the stairs two at a time with Mateo trailing behind him. He didn't check to see if he was following. He burst into Xander's bedroom, a panicked look on his face. "Grace is gone."

He was up from his desk chair in a second. "What do you mean 'she's gone'?!"

"She found Michael." Xander cursed, running a hand through his hair.

"What's up your asses?" They spun around, staring at Angel as she tossed chocolate chips in her mouth. She paused mid-chew at their expressions. "What? What am I missing?"

"She found Michael. Now she's gone." Xander explained.

She stood up straight. "Then what the fuck are you standing around for? We need to find her, now." She said urgently.

"City cameras." Mateo snapped. "Genius."

Angel narrowed her eyes, then pointed. "Who's the kid?"

"I'm Mateo, and I'm twenty-eight." He declared.

"I'm older than the earth itself. You're not special." She then walked down the hall toward Killian's office. Killian and Xander shared a look of confusion but followed.

They huddled around Killian's computer as they watched the city cameras. But they all cut out before they can see where she goes. Or where she appears.

"How do we find her if we have no idea what she's doing?" Xander asked. "Or what she's going to do."

"Did she leave?" Angel asked.

"Yesterday, why?" Killian asked.

"What time?"

"Uhm, three, I think."

She moved to the houses' security system. "Where was she?"

"Living room." She pressed the living room, and it showed Evelyn.

"Does this have sound?" He nodded and pressed the button, sound filling the room.

"No, no. I-I can't go back there." Evelyn said.

They all watched as she stared at the blank spot on the couch. "Why is she talking to herself?" Mateo asked.

"She's not." The three all answered.

Mateo looked at them in shock, then threw his arms up. "Why do you guys know everything?"

"Because we know her." Xander muttered thoughtfully, watching. They continued to watch the clip as she picked up her phone, looking at it. "Wait, go back." She did. "There." The screen froze. "That's Malia."