51. | Snuggle Bunny

I wake up to the sun blinding me

I wake up to the sun blinding me. I groan and flip over, hiding my face. I curl into the warmth, feeling myself fall back to sleep. Something tightens around my waist, but I don't look to check.

I'm too comfortable.

I hear the door open and quiet whispering. Someone shushes someone, then whispers, "Hold on."

It's silent.

Then there's a weight on the bed. It jumps, yelling, "Wake-y, wake-y, wake-y!" I grunt as the weight jumps and lands beside my chest. Opening my eyes, I find Ari on the bed. She jumps up and down, chanting the same words.

I groan, turning over onto my back. The weight on my waist stays, but I feel it drag me. "Mm." I hum.

"Up-y! Up-y!" Ari exclaims.

"Come on, guys. Wake up." Lilly says.

I turn back, hiding. "No." My voice comes out muffled. The blanket is pulled over me and I enjoy the darkness, fading in and out of consciousness. They leave and I fall back asleep, cuddling into the warmth.

The cover is pulled off of me and then I'm pulled off the bed. I yell as I'm thrown over a shoulder. I push myself up as I groan. "You two lovebirds can't sleep all day."

I'm thrown down on something comfortable, and I realize I'm in the living room. I rub the tiredness from my eyes, sighing.

"Dude." A voice speaks. We all turn to find Killian by the stairs without a shirt.

Xander crosses his arms. "Aw, did we take your snuggle bunny?" He fake-pouts.

"What?" Me and him both ask, confused.

"Oh, yeah. You two were like cuddle buddies. Kill barely even let go of you." For some reason, the thought of cuddling with Killian makes a swarm of something ignite in my stomach. I can't tell if it's unease, or something else.

Killian runs a hand over his face. "I have pictures." Lilly speaks, holding a hand up.

I shoot up. "What?!" She holds out her phone, showing me pictures. I steal the phone, scrolling through them. No wonder there was a bloody heater next to me.

Killian sits beside me, turning the device toward him so he can see. He scrolls through them and back. "When did you take these?"

"About twenty minutes ago."

I groan into my hands then push myself up. "I need a drink."

"It's only twelve in the afternoon." Lilly calls.

I wave a hand. "It's six P.M. somewhere." Ari runs after me, clinging onto my leg. I haul her into my arms and grab a glass from the cabinet, finding a bottle of whiskey hidden in a horrible spot. I pour it, set the bottle down, and lift the glass to my lips.

"Juice-y!" Ari exclaims on my hip, kicking her legs out. I walk to the large, grey double-doored fridge and grab a juice box from inside. I open it for her and hold it up to her, her mouth chasing the straw until she latches onto it, drinking from it. She takes it and I sip on my whiskey, walking back to the living room.