63. | Mom

"Can I help you?" The lady behind the desk asks

I head straight for the elevator that leads to Killian's office. "Nope." I answer her question.

"Excuse me, that's only for Mr. Black." I scoff and press the button. "Security!" Two men in police wear step toward me.

I have a knife in both hands within seconds. "Touch me, and I'll have your head on a stick."

"What are you idiots doing? Grab her! She's trying to attack Mr. Black."

"Oh, bloody hell. Why would I be here to attack him?" I swing the dagger, and she watches. "Not helping." I mutter, then stand straight. "I'm his wife, and if you have a problem with me, you have a problem with him."

She scoffs. "Like he'd marry you. You're not his type."

My dagger is flying through the air within seconds. She chokes on her words as the knife lodges itself in her throat.

I shrug, holding a hand out. My dagger flies back and I wipe it off on one of the officers. "Well, I'll be on my way then." I step inside the elevator and press the top floor.

My phone dings.

LOVE: How did you deal with the pain?

My brows furrow at her message.

ME: I had someone by my side to help me through it mostly

ME: Why?

I don't get a response. I walk to Killian's office. "Well, I'd say fire your secretary, but," I walk toward him. "she's dead."

"What did you do?" He sighs, opening an arm to me as I walk around to him.

"Just a simple...knife-to-the-throat." I shrug as I settle myself in his lap. I can practically feel him roll his eyes. "What're you working on?"

He sighs. "Business deals. Except, there's so friggin' much of it."

"Friggin'?"

"Meh." He waves a hand. I roll my eyes and relax against his chest. There's a knock on his door. "Come in." He calls mindlessly.

"Grace?" My head snaps up at the voice. June stands in the doorway with Charlotte holding her hand.

"Gracie!" Charlotte squeals, breaking from her sister's grasp.

I'm jumping up, running to her. "Hi, Charlie!" I smile, hugging her.

"I missed you!" She pulls back.

"Well, you're not the only one." I grin. I stand up, June standing with her arms crossed. "Come on." I hold my arms open. "You know you want to." I tilt my head. She smiles and finally walks to me. I meet her half way, wrapping my arms around her.

We rock, laughing against each other. Then she pulls away, slapping my arm. "You bitch!"

"Ow. What's that for?" I ask, rubbing the spot she hit. She's strong when she wants to be.