31. | Acceptance, At Last

I knock on Lilly's door, light music playing in her room

I knock on Lilly's door, light music playing in her room. I open the door at the sound of a faint 'come in', Lilly looking at me from her desk.

She lowers her music to an almost unintelligible volume. "Did you need something?"

"I was gonna see if you needed anything while I'm out?"

"You're heading out?"

I nod. "Yeah. I'm going to head down to the bar, see a friend of mine."

"Okay. I don't need anything, so don't worry about me." She gives me a smile. I nod, sending her a similar smile, and walk out the door. "Be safe!" She makes sure to call after me.

"Got it." I tell her and shut her door. I manage to make it out the door without anyone stopping me. I climb into my car and start it, the engine barely making a sound. I drive the driveway, pulling out into the street that leads to the city. I drive in silence, pondering.

She's hiding much more than she lets on, if you do not know our background. How would Angel and Esme know each other? What else is she hiding?

It doesn't take long before I'm pulling up beside Rousseaus. I park my car before I shut it off and climb out, pressing the lock button over my shoulder as I walk to the door. I walk inside, a few people turning to stare. I scan the place, my gaze landing on Kenji behind the bar.

I walk to him, sitting down in one of the free seats. He sets a glass in front of me and fills it with tequila. "I thought you quit day drinking?" He asks as I take a sip from the glass.

I change my mind and toss my head back, swallowing the burning liquid. "I thought I did too. Then again, I've thought a lot of things." I set the glass down, and he refills it.

He picks up another drink and begins to wash and dry it. "You doin' okay?"

I look up from the table, at him. "What do you think? I'm getting married to someone I don't even love. Oliver won't get to be my groom. Quinn won't get to be my maid of honor. Angel, Hope, and Adelaide won't get to be my bridesmaids. Lilly won't get to be my flower girl. My dad won't get to walk me down the aisle. I won't get the wedding I've always wanted." I rant.

"You want a wedding?" He questions in disbelief.

"Of course, I want a wedding. I was sixteen once, too. It's not like I want to spend my entire life alone." I roll my eyes at him. "But at this point, it seems like I will." I toss my head back, downing the scorching liquid. "Where's Angel?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. She left to find you, and I went to work."

"Speaking of, how did you get here?" I furrow my brows.

He lets out an amused chuckle. "What, you didn't think I'd buy a car with a black card?"

I scratch my head. "I gave you the black one?"