17. | Cameras and Research

I've tried to keep count of all the rooms in this bloody place, and I failed

There are too many rooms to count.

There's a movie room, a ballroom, a gaming room, two offices, too many bedrooms, two kitchens, two living rooms, and so many more.

I found the basement, which I completely ignored.

I walk up the back stairwell to go to my room. I've picked the one on the farthest end of the house, which I know I'm going to end up regretting, since it's not that far from Killian's office.

It's elegant, much like the rest of the house. It's plain, bare. A king sized bed sits against one of the walls, two wooden nightstands beside it with lamps on each, a balcony, a desk, a bathroom, and a walk-in closet.

The minute I step inside, I notice the clothes sitting on my bed. I furrow my brows as I stalk toward the bed. I notice a note sitting on top of the clothing.

Hesitantly, I pick it up and open it.

Thought you might need some clothes.

-K

I scoff, closing the note and walking toward the nightstand. I toss it and turn back to the pile of clothes. There's a bag beside the clothes. Curious, I walk toward it. I walk around the bed and open the tied up bag, peeking inside.

I roll my eyes at the undergarments inside. At least he had the decency to get me some.

I look at the pile and sigh. I guess I'm stuck with these.

I shrug out of Killian's jacket, despite its warmth, and pick up a pair of ruby red, silk pajamas. It's plain, but I don't care. I take them to the bathroom and shut the door. I walk to the sink, tossing the pajamas on the counter next to it, and stare into the mirror.

I'm still in the same clothes I wore before, the blood from my wound dried. I peel my shirt off of it, wincing as it was stuck. I sigh as I notice the slight trickle of blood.

I carefully peel my shirt off of my torso, grabbing the pajama shirt. Thankfully it's a button up, but the hard part is getting my arms through.

I slowly slide the shirt up to my shoulders, wincing whenever I move the slightest inch. It doesn't take me long to get the pants on either. At least he knows me well enough to know I don't wear shorts. Then again, it's growing colder.

I walk out of the bathroom and back to the bed, to where I tossed Killian's jacket. I search his pockets, grabbing my necklace. I can't wear my necklace around my neck, because it'd be obvious, so I'm going to have to wear it on my wrist. I wrap it around my slim wrist, to the point only the pendant hangs – barely.

I walk out of the room with my phone and walk to Killian's office. I walk in without knocking. "If we are able to set up a trap, we can—" Killian cuts off as I shut the door. "I'm in a meeting." My gaze travels to Peyton, Nikolai, Xander, and one other man.