14. | Drunk Calling

It's currently one in the morning and I'm working on going to sleep

It's currently one in the morning and I'm working on going to sleep. But no matter what, my insomnia never intends on leaving. I lay on my bed, staring up at my black ceiling with one arm resting behind my head and the other resting over my stomach.

I've always had issues with it. Especially from all the time I spent on the streets. I was restless. I still am. Now I'm kind of wishing Lilly had some sleeping powder. It seems like that's the only time I can fall asleep.

I sigh, closing my eyes. Suddenly, I hear my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I answer it without looking at the caller ID, pressing the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hiiii, Fluffyy." There's only one person I know who calls me that – I still don't know why – and that's Blade.

"Blade? Why are you calling me?"

"I don't knooow." She slurs with a giggle.

"Are you drunk?" I sit up in my bed, brows scrunched together.

"Nooo. I'm amazing." She lets out a laugh.

I throw the cover off of my body and stand up. "Where are you? I'm coming to get you."

"I won't tell. You're a stranger." She sounds like a kid.

"Blade, you're the one who called me." I state, pressing my phone to my ear as I pull on a shirt. "Where are you at?"

"Hmmmmm... I don't," She hiccups. "Remember. The stars are so pretty." She whispers, sounding amazed.

I sigh as I throw on a pair of shoes. "You're not helping me, Blade."

"I'm gonna watch the stars." She says. "One day," She hiccups. "I wanna be a staaar." She whispers.

I walk out with my hoodie on, downstairs to the garage. "I'll find you, Blade. Just do not move." I demand sternly.

She suddenly hangs up and I use my phone to track her number. Dodona Complex? Why is she there?

I shake my head as I pull out of the garage, the door already open. I pull out onto the street and I race toward the city. Before long, I'm pulling up behind the Acura TLX that she stole from me. I park and climb out, walking to the side of the building where a staircase is. They're metal and rusty, but they look sturdy.

I walk up them, looking around on the rooftop. I walk toward the front of the building, a dark shadow lying on the ground, the silver of their hair the only thing that stands out against the darkness. I walk to her, taking notice of the two empty bottles of Vodka.

"Jesus Christ." I mumble. I notice that she's asleep. I sigh and scoop one arm under her knees and curl the other around her lower back. I pick up her phone and carry her unconscious body down to my car.

I open the passenger side door and carefully place her down. I put the seat belt around her and shut the door before I walk to my side. I climb into the car and start it, the soft hum of the engine almost lulling. I drive back to the mansion as quickly as I can. I occasionally glance at her, but one thing I notice is her hand still has glass in it.