37. | "...You're not that lucky."

Waking up, I cough, water falling to the floor as I lay on my stomach

 Waking up, I cough, water falling to the floor as I lay on my stomach. I slowly lift my head, my body cold. I carefully pull myself up, lifting my body from the floor.

What happened?

"Evelyn, what's the last thing you remember?" Angel asks.

I press my eyes shut, one hand to my head. "I– uhm– I remember...drowning." I shrug, confused.

Angel sighs. "That was in your head. Your power took over and trapped you in one of your biggest fears."

I let out a nervous type of laugh. "I-I'm not afraid of water– I—"

"Evelyn, you've been afraid of water since you were locked in it. You're also afraid of the dark." Her gaze softens.

"Go around telling everyone my weakness, why don't you." I sneer.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm twenty-seven. It is something I should be ashamed of."

She sighs but doesn't argue. She pinches the bridge of her nose before exhaling, crossing her arms. "Why are you here? I meant to ask you, but you started attacking guards."

"Why are you here? And what is this place?" I look around.

"This is my castle, which you so rudely perpetrated."

I turn to the blonde. I scratch my head. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Isobel. My name is Isobel." She crosses her arms.

I nod slowly and turn to Angel. "I'm here because she's helping me."

"With what?"

"Your family." She responds crudely. "Now why are you here?"

"I know where Elijah is."

***

We're standing in one of Isobel's computer rooms, Elena sitting on the chair. "Elena can hack into the warehouse security system and use it to figure out where they are. She can also disable them long enough for you to get in and get out." Isobel explains.

I nod and turn to Elena. "If I can hack into the mainframe, I can use a heat detector to detect any body heat."

"You won't be able to get any heat signatures if he's locked in a box, dead. Can you detect cold?"

"Yeah."

"Then the cold spot should be the strongest of the entire building."

She nods. "Do you know how many warehouses this guy has?"

"No. I just know that it's in one of the warehouses."

"That's not much to go on." She murmurs.

"Believe me, I know." I mutter under my breath.